Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need some new running songs! `

Hey everyone, I've never been a runner but I just started C25K, I have usually just walked or biked. I NEED some new songs to keep me moving as I continue with my new running journey.. please help! Doesn't matter what kind of music, I listen to everything!

Thanks much! :)

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    I love Eminem, seriously love him. His songs are great when I need that extra push. I also love The Black Keys for cadence.
  • dollbud40
    dollbud40 Posts: 118 Member
    I love to work out to "I'm Sexy and I know it!" lol! Its FUN!! I also like old school "Push it' Salt and Peppa!:wink:
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Check out Jog fm and put in your estimated speed. It will suggest songs for your pace. I personally put all sorts of speeds in there and mix it up a bit.

I find motivation in songs like: Eminem, P!nk, Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce, Kady Perry, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor just to name a few artists/Songs. I think my playlist is something like 100 songs.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    A few of my favorites:

This is gonna hurt - Sixx AM
    Enemies - Shinedown
    Let me hear you scream - Ozzy

I've also really gotten into FUN. Although the beat isn't great for running, I just love listening to them:

We Are Young
    Some Nights
    Carry On
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Arctic Monkeys AM.
  • Th3Wall
    Th3Wall Posts: 25 Member
    my favorite workout album would be "The Extremist" by Joe Satriani...
  • Switchfoot
    B.o.B.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    current new faves of my own are Work B***h- Brittney Spears and My songs know what you do in the dark- Fall out boys
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Josh Garrels, The Resistence

Amazing song
  • BigAl_2
    BigAl_2 Posts: 85 Member
    I love Eminem, seriously love him. His songs are great when I need that extra push.

Ditto!
  • BigAl_2
    BigAl_2 Posts: 85 Member
    Also, the new Britney song, Work B****, katy perry, Florence and the machines...
  • _jordy_
    _jordy_ Posts: 26 Member
    For me it's Astronautalis.
    Particularly the album "This is our Science", seriously I've run for hours listening to that album and his other 'Pomegranate' .
    I mean,hell, I'm dancing at stop lights and trying to sing and jog at the same time. I'm that into it,haha.

You might like him, I'm not sure.
  • Right now I am currently loving "My body" by Young the Giant, "Things can only get better" by Cedric Gervais & Howard Jones, "Alone Together" by Fall Out Boy. For longer runs, the pandora station "alternative endurance station" is great!
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Big fan of Invincible by MGK. Gets me moving at 0500. Also, second for B.o.B.
  • katiepolite
    katiepolite Posts: 17 Member
    Check out the album "Bad Blood" by Bastille, I can get lost in the music and completely forget I'm tired! Especially "Icarus", makes me want to fly!
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Try the song Sabotage by Beastie Boys... makes you want to run really fast haha.

And! If you have a smart phone there is an app called FitRadio and it has different playlists for running :)
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Check out the album "Bad Blood" by Bastille, I can get lost in the music and completely forget I'm tired! Especially "Icarus", makes me want to fly!

I don't know if I could run to either of these songs, but I LOVE Bastille.

For me, anything by Walk the Moon has a pretty wonderful beat. "Jenny" or "Tightrope" are my favorites.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Steam Powered Stories form the Cog is Dead..
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Perfect, thanks for the suggestions!! :)
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Try the song Sabotage by Beastie Boys... makes you want to run really fast haha.

And! If you have a smart phone there is an app called FitRadio and it has different playlists for running :)

I will have to look into this!! :) Thank you,