Another reason why you may not be losing...

Options
This is a 6 minute vid where the host takes some pre-packaged food to a lab to work out the real calories within that food.
At the end he calculates that if he was calorie counting then he would have consumed 500 more calories than he thought according to the food labels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGunZpKLb5o

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Except that, especially with those made to order/made on the fly items, calorie content will vary each and every time. For something that's made to order (like the burrito), being within 10% of declared cals is probably pretty damn good.

Just more "evidence" that calorie counting is actually calorie estimating.
  • melbee25
    melbee25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Except that, especially with those made to order/made on the fly items, calorie content will vary each and every time. For something that's made to order (like the burrito), being within 10% of declared cals is probably pretty damn good.

Just more "evidence" that calorie counting is actually calorie estimating.

Yeah that's true, but sometimes I like to eat tat extra banana just because I can. I'm not crazy about calorie counting. This post is mostly for newbies and those who still don't know what they are doing wrong.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    1. Limit the packaged/processed food you eat
    2.Eat a little less than your calorie budget (If your base level is set to 1400 and you burn an extra 500, eat back no more than 3-400)

Following these two rules seems to be working for me (I also don't strictly measure or weigh most things - just bulk items with "high" calorie density - and even then, not all the time)