Luna bars

Options
I can't believe how good Luna bars are for only 180 calories! When I don't have time to eat lunch I grab one of these and it keeps me full all afternoon...plus it's really tasty. Do you guys like them?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love them but I consider them pretty much candy bars. For the calories, it's too much sugar and not enough protein and fiber, IMO.
  • daniellexcara
    daniellexcara Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i definitely like them but i limit my consumption. i prefer Quest Bars. they are 160-220 calories, usually 20 g protein and about 17ish grams of fiber. and they taste amaaaazing
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I love them... chocolate coconut and peanut honey pretzel are my favs...
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like some of them like the mint chocolate one. But they have so much sugar. I want to try quest bars.

A bar I enjoy is NuGo Double chocolate...I think also high in sugar but yummy
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I agree with you needing to try quest bars....amazing
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I wish Quest bars made dairy free products. Luna bars are pretty much my only option that meets: dairy free, under 250-300cal, more than 3-4g protein per bar, less than $2 per bar. I've probably spent hours of my life comparing every single nutrition bar in the aisle and Luna is the only one that meets all my criteria. I love them, but I do feel like I may as well just be eating a gomaxgo Mahalo bar or something with all the sugar.

I've tried Lara bars, but they are pricey, less satisfying (to me), higher calorie, lower protein, and honestly not really all that yummy...
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Agree with the idea that they are candy bars (like most "nutrition" bars) with not much else going on, nutritionally.

Quest bars are the only ones I eat, and they are pretty tasty and satisfying! I just wish you could get them someplace other than GNC, which they do not have in this country! :(
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think of them as granola bars with a few more calories. They are filling and delicious. I eat them after dinner if I get hungry. My favorite is Chocolate Peppermint Stick
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I started with Luna but have graduated to Quest. Quest are definitely not as tasty as Luna but have around the same calories and WAY more protein.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I loveeee luna bars. But I also don't eat them that much. Only when I'm really craving them, need a quick lunch or something along those lines. I was addicted to them in the beginning of my weight loss.
  • DrewMontoya
    DrewMontoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I wish Quest bars made dairy free products. Luna bars are pretty much my only option that meets: dairy free, under 250-300cal, more than 3-4g protein per bar, less than $2 per bar. I've probably spent hours of my life comparing every single nutrition bar in the aisle and Luna is the only one that meets all my criteria. I love them, but I do feel like I may as well just be eating a gomaxgo Mahalo bar or something with all the sugar.

I've tried Lara bars, but they are pricey, less satisfying (to me), higher calorie, lower protein, and honestly not really all that yummy...

Do you eat meat? If so, I'd suggest the Tanka bar; it has 70 calories with 7g of protein and 7g of carbs. Personally, I think they taste great, too.

The cons are that they are pricey ($22 per dozen from Amazon Prime - still less than $2/bar) and they are half the size of a Luna bar (28g vs. 68g).

http://www.tankabar.com/