3 month progress - 163cm (5"4') 3.5kgs down 1.5kg to go!

Options
srogers89
srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
Hi guys,

I took some progress shots this morning and was pleased with what I saw so wanted to share!

I have been using IIFYM as a way to lose some weight over the last 3 months (nearly). I am 163cm tall, I started at 65kg and am now sitting at 61.5kg. My goal weight is 60kg but if I reach that and think there is a little more to go I will look to lose another 2kg max.This is just a guide for me, I knwo if I start gaining more muscle the scale won't be everything.

My goal wasn't just to lose weight, I want to tone up and get some much needed muscle happening but I am please with what I have seen so far! My only regret si not taking my measurments before I started.

I am a bit of a novice at these things so if picture not working I have loaded in my profile pics.

v5z51c.jpg

x59q1u.jpg

Replies

• BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! How did you do it??
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic :) keep up the great work!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, you really look GREAT!! Seriously. But...what is IIFYM?
  • srogers89
    Options
    Amazing!!! How did you do it??

With a lot of stress haha! I had to try something that allowed me to eat the foods I wanted while still changing my diet otherwise I would binge and binge hard! A friend looked at my TDEE and worked out a meal plan for me based on what I like to eat whilst still eating within my macros. I basically have to hit those macros everyday and it is great because I can still eat pizza and chocolate in moderation!

I have learnt a lot about nutrition and weigh pretty much all my food to get the most accurate calories etc... a food scale became my new best friend!
  • srogers89
    Options
    Wow, you really look GREAT!! Seriously. But...what is IIFYM?

If It Fits Your Macros :) A great way to eat! I can eat what I like and it is all about portion control/hitting my macros each day. One of the meals on my meal plan is a beef burger...EXCELLENT! There is a few forum topics on here that talk about it in more detail. I basically follow a plan a friend did for me (he is the master - I just roll with it).
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You look great, what is your carb/fat/protein split?
  • srogers89
    Options
    Thank you! I am currently on 120 protein 145 carb and 50g fat, total calories around 1430 :) I have to admit the last few days haven't been the greatest meeting my protein, I sometimes have to bump it up with a protein scoop and water.
  • thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Well done.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    thanks. your tummy is fab!!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • africanstardust
    africanstardust Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Your before pic looks like me at the moment so this is inspiring :)
  • srogers89
    Options
    Yay, glad I could be of some inspiration! I see so many awesome transformations on here, and mine is only small in comparison, but I hope someone can take away and feel motivated after seeing me getting somewhere :)
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You're before pic is where I'm at right now... Hoping to lose the excess by christmas. You look superb!
  • helpmeAllah
    Options
    what exercises have you been doing?
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing great!
  • srogers89
    Options
    what exercises have you been doing?

Pretty much all weights... I do 3-4 30 minuteish weight training sessions in the gym each week and no more than 2 runs a week. I also walk the dog and play netball once a week for most of the year. Once I lose the next 1.5kg I want to amp up my weights and drop a run so I can increase my muscle.
  • marise29
    Options
    Awesome progress!! And so inspirational!
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • sitara86
    sitara86 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic :) keep up the great work! well done
  • Funmiloves
    Funmiloves Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!