Friends needed for motivation and accountability!

Options
Hey guys! I figured I would try something new and look for friends on here to keep me motivated. I'm so discouraged and much help is needed. I've been weight lifting and doing INSANITY. I haven't dropped any weight... Although I have lost inches.

Replies

• elanghans17
    elanghans17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need motivation buddies too! I will add you :)
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    It's normal not to lose weight with Insanity at first. Inches matter even more though! What week are you on? I am currently on week 6 - the first week of month 2.
  • prettydred80
    Options
    I am doing insanity too and its INSANE!! body feels like crap afterwards but mentally i LOVE it. I will add u and we can motivate each other. Please ladies who also replied add me so we can have a strong support to. im going to need it if i want to get through the insanity.

@SimplyCorey Congrats on WEEK 6 of insanity thats INSANE!! what did u do to stay in it and how r ur results.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    @prettydred80 This is my third time doing it. The first time I only made it through half of the recovery week and then I allowed life to get in the way. Plus, I was doing it with my husband at the time and he bailed on me so that made it easier to quit. haha I completed it the second time and that was a few months ago. I was terrible and didn't keep track of my measurements or weight loss results with just the Insanity program. I did the 30 Day Shred right before I did Insanity last time to "ease" my way back into working out. I also did some additional stuff along with Insanity, such as dancing with the Xbox Kinect, walking, etc. so it makes it hard to say that it was just from Insanity. I do know that I lost pounds and inches and my overall stamina improved greatly. It's hard to push play some days but I want the satisfaction of knowing I didn't quit and I keep my goal at the front of my mind. You have to be your own motivator and do it for yourself, otherwise it's hard to keep going. What week are you on?
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I did insanity and love it. Add a little cardio to the mix.
  • mistylbishop
    Options
    I need motivation, and someone to tell me to put down the soda!
  • mistylbishop
    Options
    My name is Misty, mother of three kiddos (20, 18 and 14). I mostly need to stop the soda, and start stepping again. I know that those were the keys when I lost weight before... So, step up, and soda down, that is my motto! :bigsmile:
  • south_florida_lyfe
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ron. I'm on an opposite journey to gain weight, but support is needed just the same. I did Insanity quite a while back and the program does work great. Pay more attention to inches and your body than to what the scale says. You may see a huge difference there before it ever shows on a scale. Remember, a pound of fat takes up a lot more space on the body than a pound of muscle.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I am on MFP every day entering my diet and exercise info - add me if you want friends that are active on here!
  • Maricela_Lynn
    Options
    Hola everyone! Like many of you on here, I'm in need of some major motivation. I think about losing weight and make all these plans in my head on how I'm going to do it but then I'll avoid the gym and make excuses when I eat. I'm home schooled and am home every day, for the most part. I get bored a lot and I guess that's where food comes into play. I really need some buddies to help me out like, PRONTO! I'm telling myself that tomorrow is a new day and that that's when I'll start.. Wish me luck!
  • izWHATitIz
    izWHATitIz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Insanity is just that insane. Have been doing T25 and really enjoy it. Since you are incorporating strength training into your program I wouldn't focus on the number. How you look in the mirror and your the fit of your cloths is what counts. Have you thought about getting a BF% test done? Feel free to add me for motivation and support (goes for everyone).
  • petiteplease
    petiteplease Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there also looking for friends!
    I have done insanity myself but not have finished the entire workout, because I gave up. But im working on that! IM feeling super motivated lately and ready to get rolling again
    add me if you like !