New Diet Recommendations?

Options
Hey everyone, I think I'm in need of a new diet plan. I was reading that a low calorie diet isn't always a good one, especially in my case, where I'm dropping weight and gaining muscle. December of last year i was bordering 300lbs and now I'm near 190. I go to the gym for high intensity workouts at least 5-6 days a week. I also fit my cardio within the day every single day of the week. Now I understand that in order to keep a high metabolism, I need to eat more calories but I think I'll find this difficult. I'm a college freshman right now and its hard to find healthy meals that can satisfy a recommended calorie intake on campus. I have my green and leafy vegetables as well as fruits and proteins and such to keep me going but sometimes my daily calorie intake doesn't even reach 1000 and on somedays it doesn't reach 700 unfortunately. I'm running on a tight schedule in school so its hard for me to keep my nutrition balanced and I'm scared of eating sugary foods like Pop Tarts and stuff that can quickly raise my blood sugar levels at the cost of raising my calorie intake. Any help as to what foods I could and should be eating in order to drop the rest of this weight and maintain my high metabolism? I think my daily calorie count should be around 1500 according to this equation I used. But there are so many foods out there that I hear can be risky for people losing weight so I'm a little hesitant. Thank you everyone!

Replies

• judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You used to weigh almost 300 pounds and are now having trouble eating 1,000 calories? One word for you:

TROLL
  • TwistDSG
    TwistDSG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Part of that is the fact that there isn't really that much time to have a balanced meal or three throughout the day. I'll pick up a salad with 300 calories but I'll only have enough time to eat two of those salads throughout the day. The rest of my calories are coming from an apple and a banana, other than that.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you have a fridge available. If so, you could stock it with Greek yogurt, string cheese, milk, etc. Protein powder added to milk or yogurt would add calories & a great source of protein. Roasted edamame are great to eat by themselves, or added to yogurt or salad as a good protein source. Protein bars, for example Quest, are a good quick grab & go source of protein & calories.
  • TwistDSG
    TwistDSG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'll stock up. My friend recommended random snacks throughout the day. But should I eat them if I'm not at all hungry?