Trampled by Turtles - Wait so Long
    Bastille - Pompeii
    Foo Fighters - Big Me
    Blink182 - Dammit
    Drowning Pool - Let the Bodies Hit the Floor
  • Jess7170
    Jess7170 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I've never been a runner but I just started C25K, I have usually just walked or biked. I NEED some new songs to keep me moving as I continue with my new running journey.. please help! Doesn't matter what kind of music, I listen to everything!

Thanks much! :)

OP, I think I'm a bit older than you, and I just might become the laughing of this thread, :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: but this morning I listened to some fast paced bluegrass music on Pandora radio when I ran at the gym. It was pretty darned awesome!

Ha, ha ... I've listened to show tunes ... 'The Producers' soundtrack is a favorite, it's hilarious and upbeat ...
    Awesome! I LOVE showtunes!

I'm loving all the ideas on this thread, as I am also looking to update my playlist/motivation. Looks like I'll have to look up some of the suggestions here, I never thought of show tunes. Look out for the runner with jazz hands! :laugh:
  • browneyes97
    Options
    I love anything by Andrew WK- Time to Party, Party Hard or Ready to Die. My fave song right now is Yougblood Hawke- We Come Running
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of podrunner? Good music & it changes based on the C25K schedule. Different music each week & it's free. http://www.djsteveboy.com/podrunner.html
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Runnin and my mentality - David Dallas
  • LauraElectric
    LauraElectric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later...saw Fall Out Boy and was excited. Need more running tunes :)
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Rock songs do it for me... I listen to:
    Fall Out Boy's Save Rock and Roll album - the whole album is good and has a heavy beat to move to.
    Papa Roach's Getting Away with Murder album - esp the title song... then: blood, not listening, and sometimes
    Sleeping with Siren's Feel and Let's Cheer to this are both good albums - esp free now and alone
    Thousand Foot Krutch is an awesome band :-)
    Falling in Reverse - the drug in me is you album

... any song with revenge or an eff off attitude is awesome to work out to, in my opinion, because its like a big EFF YOU to being fat and never ever going back and a flip off to all the people who've either bullied/made fun of/ or doubted you...

and of course all and every song on the billboard hot 100 list is great too. they tend to be popular because they are good and they have awesome beats
  • renfrowife
    renfrowife Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    tagging for future reference.
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars
    People like Us -Kelly Clarkston
    You're so damn Hot - Okgo
    Roar - Katy Perry

These always help me get through!
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have lots of the current running songs listed but sometimes I just throw on some AC/DC when I really want to 'dig in' hard for a run or just need some hard motivation!
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Right mow I only have 2 "sound tracks" on my phone, one more rock based, the other a little more "techno" flavored. I plan on making up another on one Friday that has a complete mix from rock to pop to country, but for now, these ones tend to get me moving!

"Supermoves" - Overseer
    "Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety Zagg" - Marilyn Manson
    "Doomsday" - Overseer
    "50,000 Unstoppable Watts" - Clutch
    "Burn it Down" - Awolnation
    "Gravel Road" - Clutch
    "Violent" - Concrete Blonde
    "Sorry" - Electric Mary
    "Run to the Hills" - Iron Maiden

And......I have heard the stories how the song "Take a Chance on Me" by ABBA was written so I kinda wanted to try it to see if it would work, but I haven't yet! lol (the story is - and I heard it from the member's themselves - that Bjorn is an avid runner, but he doesn't run with music, he "chants" to himself to keep time. One of the cadences he used morphed into "Take a Chance on Me"!)

Didn't know that about ABBA....will have to download that! Thanks! :o)
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    These are my favorites...

"Du Hast" -- Rammstein
    "Dragula" -- Rob Zombie
    "Bodies" -- Drowning Pool
    "End of Heartache" -- Killswitch Engage

Anything by Fall Out Boy is great for running as well... I have all three of their albums on my iPod :)
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love Eminem, seriously love him. His songs are great when I need that extra push. I also love The Black Keys for cadence.

Thanks for the tip on "The Black Keys".. never heard of them & they have a great running beat
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am weaning myself off of music when I run, I only run with music on long runs now (60+ minutes). But I liked the "Shots" song from LMFAO, just because the beat is perfect.

Now if I listen to music, I just stream pandora on my phone for all to hear. Usually Van Halen, Metallica, etc... I like listening to my foot fall and my breathing, and being able to hear that biker behind me.

Running with music I suggest getting the single ear plug head phones so that you have one ear open to the world around you. ETA: Or stream it in the open for all to hear lol. like I do.
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    These songs seem to have a beat that match my pace:
    David Bowie - Modern Love
    Owl City - fireflies
    La Roux - in for the kill
    Rizzle kicks - Mama do the hump

Cool down
    Passenger - let her go
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow!! thanks everyone so much!! This is great! I will be adding most of these to my playlist! Helps keep me moving! :)
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    some faves

Crackerman - STP
    Johnny Dangerously vs K Naan - ABCs (I had this play at our kickboxing class and it was on fire! The higher bpm will naturally make you want to keep up with the pace.)
    Beggin - Madcon
    Tambourine - Eve
    Shadowplay - Joy Division
    Shadowplay - The Killers
    Sex Type Thing - STP
    Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
    Stop Me - The Smiths
    Stop Me - Mark Ronson
    Valerie - Mark Ronson/Amy Winehouse
    Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups
    Convenient Parking - Modest Mouse
    One Armed Scissor - At The Drivein
    Fashion - David Bowie
    Modern Love - David Bowie
    Bullet Proof - La Roux
    Anything Wutang Clan, but honorable mention: "Triumph" - When I hear this 5+ minute long song I can't help but get hype!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Long Way Down- Goo Goo Dolls
    Short Skirt/Long Jacket- Cake
    Higher- Taio Cruz
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    mandisa - 'I'm an overcomer' - but she has other great motivational songs too