What if no one will notice?

Options
13»

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Who cares if they don't notice? You are doing it for you aren't you? Unless you only have a little to lose 12 pounds probably won't show.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7' and weighed 192 (at my heaviest). It wasn't until I'd lost about 25 pounds that people started to say anything, but then they were commenting left and right and I'd hear about it every day. I've been maintaining my weight (150-155, it fluctuates a bit) for some time now, and I'm still getting comments.

I'm sure people will notice, but they may not say anything for a while yet. It will come. In the meantime, congratulations on your loss to date and here's the best wishes for your future weight loss/fitness journey! (hug)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Now we're not being honest. We all do it for them with the exception of maybe health reasons but most of us are doing it for all of them.....
    If I really didn't care what others thought and I was healthy.....I'd be fat and happy
    Society marketing driven

I wasn't fat and happy....... I felt sluggish and like a blob. Now I have tons more energy, and I like what I see in the mirror!
  • Xtinesky
    Xtinesky Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds this year and no one has noticed. My husband had to lose 55 pounds in order for people to notice. Thankfully, I found that so far it's been enough for me to see the numbers on the scale dropping. Not going to lie, I do want the comments from people but I'll be patient and wait. But it just goes to show that depending on our heights and initial weight, etc, there are a whole number of factors to people noticing if we've lost weight or not.
  • bmorganization
    Options
    initially when i lost weight it was very slow, nobody noticed right away, then when they started to notice and give me compliments i stepped it up and really felt like I had this. Then I guess they got used to me losing weight and they stopped commenting. I think it is when they stopped commenting I felt like I could cheat a little because no one would notice. Next thing I know I gained 7 lbs back and my clothes are getting tight again. Whether they notice or not, maybe they do notice but just dont say anything, Dont let others dictate your motivation, They will notice if you put the weight back on.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    when I hear other people talk about me.......its usually always in a positive manner.....weight, looks, career, etc.......you know what? I give give a ****......no serious......unless I'm happy about it.....there's nothing they can say that is going to make me feel better about it.

And if I'm happy about it...........whatever they say doesn't matter either again.
  • Blaqueswan72
    Options
    Awesome!
  • amie709
    amie709 Posts: 99
    Options
    Next week I'm going to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in a couple of months. Throughout this time I've lost 12 lbs, and honestly, I'm scared no one will notice.
    I've worked so hard to get these results, but I'm not done yet, and I'm nervous that if people won't notice I'll become completely unmotivated and won't have as much will power to continue.

Any advice?

Keep in mind that the detail oriented people will and the ones that are not detail oriented sometimes wouldn't notice if you slapped them in the face with it. I'm down 77 lbs. since April and there are STILL people I run into who don't notice!
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I work remotely and only see my co-workers in person every 4 mts. The last time I traveled back to the office, I was so excited to see who would notice that I'd lost 35 lbs. Only one of my co-workers said anything about it. It's possible more of them noticed but they just didn't say anything, it was hard to tell.

I was a little disappointed, and I still look forward to my next trip down when I should be about 60 lbs down, but ultimately it doesn't matter if they notice or not. Or even if they say something or not. I know that I've lost a lot of weight and I feel and look a lot better for it. And you should too. Sometimes you'll get comments and sometimes you won't, but you can't let it get you down.