Quick Oats N Cottage Cheese???

Options
BarbaraCarr1981
BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
Hi,

I have some quick oats and cottage cheese.....Anyone know how i can make this good without adding too many carbs to it. Anyone every try quick oats, cottage cheese and splenda with some berries??? I think cottage cheese is pretty gross by itself so im looking for ideas. Thanks

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    myfridgefood.com
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I've never tried quick oats, but for my cottage cheese I like to add either fresh/frozen pineapples, blueberries, mixed berries, sometimes a tablespoon or two of whipped cream, and maybe some chocolate morsels.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    honestly though cottage cheese with oatmeal sounds nasty.

i would have cottage cheese on the side with salt and pepper, or mix in some fresh fruit, or have it plain.

oatmeal is good different mix ins such as: fresh fruit and honey, pb and syrup, applesauce and cinnamon, chocolate protein powder
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try it and let us know? The thought of oatmeal and cottage cheese mooshed together sounds heavenly.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    if you really don't like cottage cheese then don't eat it or try eating it mixed in with scrambled eggs or on toast with some tomato. But don't mix it with oats please that just ruins two good things. If you're just looking for something to use up the cheese then maybe bake something. Add enough sugar and spice and anything tastes good. :)
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love them both..........But together I am not sure!!!

I always have ryvita's with cottage cheese, ham & tomatoes for lunch.........Yummy!!!!!!!!!!

I can eat a tub of low calorie cottage cheese a day easily
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Until I started to look for things to eat, better choices I had never liked oatmeal. I always associated like movies from the 30s, like the kids in the orphanage with them going down the lunch line getting slop tossed onto their food trays. One day my mother made some and I was like, ok... I'll try it. It lacked flavor. I added some cinnamon and it was ok. I then bought the little packs, like apples and cinnamon, etc. which adds sodium but it was a good trade off for me. I liked them, and just today bought some Strawberries and Cream.

I need to learn on making it from scratch, since there is no sodium in the unprocessed ones.

I also like cottage cheese, but with oatmeal, lately I've had a bagel with it and some cream cheese. It's a smaller bagel so its less calories.
  • izWHATitIz
    izWHATitIz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My favorite cottage cheese dish

1/4 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 scoop choc protien pwdr
    1 tbs chocolate instant pudding mix
    1 tbs sweetner of choice

blend it all together

For oatmeal

1 cup almond milk
    3/4 cup oats
    1tbs peanut butter
    2 tbs quinoa
    1 scoop whey protien
    1 tbs sweetner of choice

microwave 1 min
    mix
    microwave 30 secs
    add extra almond milk for your consistancy
  • nikita1908
    nikita1908 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love cottage cheese with crushed pineapples. I also like oatmeal, but like others have stated...mixing the two just doesn't seem that tasty. lol
  • nettyw80
    nettyw80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My PT suggested Oats and Cottage cheese to me also (maybe it's an English thing) I haven't tried it yet but want to. She said you have to like savoury food to enjoy it though. I just don't know what else to put with it. Would love to know what you think and if you have any suggestions what else to have with it. I'm struggling for low sugar breakfast ideas at the moment :(
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    This was really good!

15g quick oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    50g fresh raspberries
    2TBsp Splenda
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You could make oatmeal & cottage cheese pancakes.

From Food.com

Ingredients:

1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    4 egg whites

Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients in blender.
    2. Spray skillet with cooking spray and cook just like"silver dollar" pancakes, a few small ones at a time.
    3. Top with your favorite pancake topping!
  • nettyw80
    nettyw80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looks like that'll be my breakfast tomorrow. I have frozen berries but am sure they will be just as good.
    Thanks for sharing :)

Oh... do you just put it together and eat or add the cottage cheese and let it stand overnight? (like a bircher)
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    put the cottage cheese in a food processor or blender and make it creamy instead of chunky...it tends to blend in better to other foods then...i like taking cottage cheese and making a garden vegetable spread...cottage cheese, shredded carrots, chopped green onions (if you like them), some chopped red pepper...whatever veggies you like...some salt, pepper or whatever spices you like and food processor away! great on cucumber slices or with celery sticks or carrot sticks.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Looks like that'll be my breakfast tomorrow. I have frozen berries but am sure they will be just as good.
    Thanks for sharing :)

Oh... do you just put it together and eat or add the cottage cheese and let it stand overnight? (like a bircher)

I just added the oats first, then the cottage cheese, then splenda, then the berries and mix er all up and ate it! Yum yum yum! I want more now!
  • laurwi
    laurwi Posts: 12
    Options
    I love oatmeal and cottage cheese (and splenda for sweetness). I have it for breakfast almost every morning, but I vary it by adding in different fruits. I mostly do banana, apples or applesauce, strawberries, peaches. The cottage cheese makes it very creamy and adds a good amount of protein.