snacking

Options
Since starting to calorie count with the help of MFP I've noticed that late afternoon and evenings are hard for me. I want a big snack, especially around 8/9p.m. To help my afternoon craving today I drank a big cup of ice water. Fortunately no huge cravings tonight, but know they may return tomorrow.

Help, what do you do?

Replies

• nikki91950
    Options
    have you tried breaking up your meals and eating several small ones throughout the day? this might help a bit.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 times a day, and the last is evenings that would cover that. The more times you eat perday the less hungry you will be at any one time during the day. Just have to make sure you are with in your daily total amounts.
  • princessmedic
    Options
    Lately I have been looking online for healthier versions of snacks and plan it in my calories. Tonight I made sweet & hot red apple mash-from the Hungry Girl site. Its was wonderful! And basically it uses apples and those little red hot cinnamon candies. It was really sweet but low calorie..high sugar-but it was almost all natural sugars from the apples.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My cure all is Good Earth Original cafeine free tea in Sweet & Spicy. Cuts all cravings! We crave comfort at night and hot is the way to go. This tea is like liquid gingersnaps. If I am out I do Diet Swiss Miss cocoa - but it does not always work like the tea!
  • amk73
    amk73 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll try them.
  • lvsnick
    lvsnick Posts: 22
    Options
    I definately agree eat more often I try to eat 6 times a day and my go to late night snack is Jiffy Pop popcorn you can eat a good amount of it and it also has been said to help you sleep better. :happy: