Good morning everybody, I'm new!

Options
Hello everyone, I’m new around here and looking for people in similar situations as myself for motivation and support. I am 23 years old, 6’3”, 430lbs. I have always been bigger than most people throughout my life, but these past few years I have gained nearly 150lbs. I was never a lazy guy in high school, played football, wrestling, and weight lifting. At one point I held my schools bench press record. To make a long story short, I haven’t touched a gym for more than 4 years and have picked up plenty of extra baggage. I have decided now is the time to change my life. Not just a diet, but a lifestyle change. No more fast foods, no more soda, and no more being lazy. I need this now. I need it because I want to live a happy life and give my kids a good healthy role model. I have been reading a lot of posts of success stories and I really like the supportive community here. I will be starting a blog about my weight loss journey in hopes it will help me stay on track. Thank you all for reading. I hope to see you all around these forums.

Replies

• stuj019
    stuj019 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi and welcome , your right it has to be a lifestyle change and I am making that change a day at a time . Its a constant battle however at this moment in time I seem to be winning. Good luck and look forward to hearing how things go for you.
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome and nice job on getting started and focusing on what you really want...a healthy lifestyle that is going to allow you to do the things you want to do which will make you happy! Being thinner won't make you happy, but being able to do what you want to do will! So welcome!
  • Shift1990
    Options
    Hi and welcome , your right it has to be a lifestyle change and I am making that change a day at a time . Its a constant battle however at this moment in time I seem to be winning. Good luck and look forward to hearing how things go for you.

Thank you for your well-wishes. It seems like it is going to be rough at first but I believe it will be mind over matter that will lead me to success.
  • Shift1990
    Options
    Welcome and nice job on getting started and focusing on what you really want...a healthy lifestyle that is going to allow you to do the things you want to do which will make you happy! Being thinner won't make you happy, but being able to do what you want to do will! So welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome. Your kind words motivate me!