What's best to eat from subway?

Options
2»

Replies

• pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    And 80% of the time I chop cukes up, put it in a soup bowl, throw in a couple cinnis and that's my work lunch. Fills you up and is healthy!!
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well, don't eat the bread, it's got high fructose corn syrup in it (YUM) no wonder it tastes better than most bread. Awww hell most bread is getting the HFCS crap in it too now. Tell you what, your best bet is to eat just the animals and plants. IE: Chicken and Salad. The bread is making you fat, don't get suckered into their whole wheat or flatbread. Take normal bread and smoosh it, TADA flat bread, same thing and the whole wheat is a lie anyway it spikes your insulin up as high as white bread.

So eat the food that had parents or has only one ingredient.
  • ChellyDiane
    Options
    o I know I know,..... spinach salad every veggie to your liking on homemade sprout breads.... look it up on you tube i love it...I don't know bout you... just a suggestion
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The cookies!

Oh, you wanted healthy? Can't help, everything else from there tastes gross to me.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Seriously, Subway is just another junk food outlet. Make your own meals and you know what is in it and you can have more control over the calories, macro and micro nutrients.
    …instead of a roasted chicken sandwich on flatbread, I have a double chicken salad with spinach, tomato, avocado and ranch. The higher the fat, the lower the carbs, the better.

I agree. The breads there don’t have the best ingredients…The meats aren’t super fabulous either, but eating a lot of veggies and some meat/fat would be a safe(ish) bet, IMO. Way better to bring your own, though, if possible.

Good luck!
  • twhite95
    twhite95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ive started having roast chicken salads and they're delish!
    And very filling, so I'm not snacking on the cookies throughout the day.
    Now to wait and see if it helps :P
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    The wrapper i'd imagine
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    the ironic part is Subway is a huge thing on The Biggest Loser show. and yet when you look into what it is - cold cuts of meat and lots of sodium. Ironic for a tv show based on supposedly health.
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I eat Subway all the time, atleast twice a week. I get a turkey on wheat with cheddar and light mayo or the oven roasted chicken breast on wheat with cheddar and light ranch. Tasty and still keeps me at my deficit.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    What's best to eat from subway?

The furniture.

Seriously, Subway is just another junk food outlet. Make your own meals and you know what is in it and you can have more control over the calories, macro and micro nutrients.
    All the best,

Ben
    :laugh: I just don't understand why people would pay so much money for a sandwich they can make at home for a fraction of the cost? I've been there twice in the past six months (I was not the chooser of where we went :tongue: ) and I just got a veggie sub with no cheese and mustard. Not bad, but definitely not worth the price!
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wheat or white bread, turkey or ham. No cheese or high fat dressings. Salads are great, too. Oh, and make sure to load up the veggies. I usually get turkey on wheat with no cheese, yellow mustard and all the veggies. I used to eat there up to 3 days per week. I've managed to lose 50 lbs, so it can't be that terrible for you! Also, since you're an employee, you can probably make other creations that aren't on the menu. Just try to be creative.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm just scared to try new things. :P
    The roast chicken smells really good and is low in fat but idk.
    Think i should start packing fruit salads or something. :P

It also doesn't help having unlimited access to the cookies and soft drinks either :s

Well, you need a lot more than fruit salad to get proper nutrition...

Also, I don't think the sammiches are you issue...I think you've identified your issue with the last sentence...

If you're gaining weight it's because you're consuming and excess of calories beyond what your body requires to maintain weight....it has nothing to do with what kind of sammich you're eating. Cookies and sodas are extremely calorie dense and pretty much nutritionally void. Nothing wrong with partaking on occasion, but really they should be a rather small representation of your overall diet.