Who else loves to drink wine?

Options

Replies

• Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Funny... I make it but I drink rum. ????

I got into it while I was married because she would drink it. I still enjoy making it now that I'm single. I invite frineds over for a drink or I give it away. They all really like it. :-)
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Captain of the Riesling Army, right hyah. :drinker:

Yes to the Riesling!
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my wine ... trying to kick it in the head at the moment to get over a serious plateau and this makes me sad lol lol lol
  • KatiCoufal
    KatiCoufal Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You sound like me OP. Now i dont feel so bad. I usually have 2-3 per night. It really does make me happy. :) But I have been debating on cutting back bc I think it is slowing down or stalling my weight loss.
  • soulsnette
    soulsnette Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love wine, particularly merlot and pinot grigio. I've cut back the past few weeks in an attempt to lower my sugar intake.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Captain of the Riesling Army, right hyah. :drinker:

Yes to the Riesling!

yerr been to the Riesling area this summer for wine tasting first night got smashed with few bottles of wine and cheese plate with my friend...urrrrr walking around the wine mountains to go see an old castle was a pain in the *kitten*. Riesling wine is sooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sarahxcx
    sarahxcx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah I tend to drink more by the bottle, but I try and do more of a workout if I know I am going to be having a couple of glasses.
    Only thing is I need to watch as I do tend to want to munch on snacks with my wine
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I love wine! Red gives me headaches so i normally drink White.

If i'm out of wine I'll have a beer or a Fireball Whiskey on ice

:drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I don't snack too much, I don't drink sodas and never have dessert. Wine is my indulgence.

I *try* to only have wine on Wednesdays and weekends now, because of the calories, but if I'm in the mood, I build it into my day.

Dry whites in the summer, interesting reds in the winter. Someone mentioned Apothic red... I've been meaning to try that.
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    “Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.”
    Benjamin Franklin

I believe this, with all my heart and soul.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love wine too, but I know if I have a bottle in the house I'll drink it all so I only buy it once a fortnight and do some extra exercise for the calories. It's nice to cut out alcohol for a while for health reasons too so I don't mind so much. I'm looking forward to enjoying some wine at Christmas.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Benjamin Franklin

BF was a smart man.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My orthopedist asked me how many drinks I had a week. I said 2 to 3 glasses of wine a week, and he said "That's not enough!" I tend to agree.
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Me! I've been delighted how easy it is to fit in some calories for a dry wine.
  • Mewcenary
    Mewcenary Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My ex. That's why she is my ex.

(As you may have gathered, it wasn't a moderate amount of wine...)
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Riesling fan here too..........and a crispy white too. Oh, and of course dessert wine with dark chocolate!!!!
    I save some calories to have a drinky poo on Fridays. Can't drink during the week as I drive for a living.

I am from Long Island where you can find 20 wineries in 20 miles, maybe more! Sorta like an east coast Napa Valley.
    My husband and I did most of the Connecticut wine trail last year and we had a BLAST!!

CHEERS:drinker:
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Benjamin Franklin

I feel smarter and happier for having read this!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I love wine... I love wine... I call the red Jesus Juice and the white Holy Water :)

I haven't had any in a couple months and Saturday, I'm enjoying my damn wine and possibly Screech!

just have it in moderation.
  • Epetrovitch
    Epetrovitch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I cut back on alot of differnet foods but will not give up my wine or chocolate! By the way white and wine should not be used in the same sentence. Red and Wine go together!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love booze!