FITNESS TEST - Push-ups!! POST YOUR RESULTS!!

Options
How many Push-ups can you do? Boy push ups or Girl push ups!!

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I haven't done an endurance test in a while! I will have to get back to ya later today!:laugh:
    Send a search party if I am not back within 24 hours! LOL

Dani
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am in week 1 of one hundred push ups, yesterday I did 47 but only 21 of those were in one set!

I think that is amazing and if you knew me you would too lol!!!!!

I dont class them as boy or girl push ups as I am a woman and I do the full thing!!!!!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    ugh I tried to test myself but its too early, i just woke up and I have nooo energy lol Ill try later but as of right this moment i only did 15 girl push ups and I gave up lol didnt hurt or anything Im just short winded in the morning from smoking.
  • Annista
    Annista Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hmm, not sure but now I am curious to know, lol. Will have to see and get back to ya :smile:
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I just did my end-of-week endurance test on one hundred pushups and I'm up to 83
  • hmdavis
    hmdavis Posts: 26
    Options
    i gave it a try here, 60 girl-style for me…it may have been better, but my 2 year old thought it would be fun to play london bridges under mommy while I was doing the push-ups…..but, great topic, I did 60 this week, so maybe next week I'll try it again and see how I fare then
  • laughingdani
    Options
    OMG--about to die! LOL Just did 100 military style (boy) push-ups! The last 15 were pretty shaky.
    I completed the 100 push-up challenge about a month ago so I am surprised that I could actually still do 100!
    Thanks for posting this topic. I defintely need to keep doing the push-ups on a weekly basis so my arms don't start to get weak.

Dani
  • laughingdani
    Options
    i gave it a try here, 60 girl-style for me…it may have been better, but my 2 year old thought it would be fun to play london bridges under mommy while I was doing the push-ups…..but, great topic, I did 60 this week, so maybe next week I'll try it again and see how I fare then
    I totally know what you mean! I had to go in my bedroom because my 5 year old thinks it's hilarious to play london bridge as well! LOL
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options

Haha, my 2 year old son likes to jump on my back and go "giddy up Mommy!"
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I coach flag football for my son's team. 5-7 year olds. You would be amazed that none of these kids knew how to do a pushup. Even now, with doing them at the start of every practice/game since the start of August most of the kids have not mastered the mechanics of it... let alone are able to do more then ten.

I will try it myself later today, but I am sure it will not be an impressive number... with the shape I am in now I would be very happy with 20.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The last time I tried this I got 27. If I do a pushup with my hands on a scale it indicates that I'm pressing right at 185 pounds. However, if I put 185 on a bar and try to bench press it I can't get anywhere close to 27 reps. You would think they would be basically the same, but they're not.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I coach flag football for my son's team. 5-7 year olds. You would be amazed that none of these kids knew how to do a pushup. Even now, with doing them at the start of every practice/game since the start of August most of the kids have not mastered the mechanics of it... let alone are able to do more then ten.

I will try it myself later today, but I am sure it will not be an impressive number... with the shape I am in now I would be very happy with 20.
    My son is five and I would be amazed if he could do ONE push up!
  • sweetg1222
    Options

That is too cute!!! My son is 3 as well and he likes to play horsey when i am working out on the floor. He loves it when i do sit ups then he jumps on top of me. Kids are a trip!!! =)
  • mikeivb
    mikeivb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    a few times a week i'll do 3 sets of 50, but the last set is probably in the 40 range...
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I am kind of surprised, am I missing something here? How can 5 yr olds do push ups and how would they know what a push up is?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    close grip "diamond" push ups - about 35 or so

"normal" wide stance - I stopped today at about 70, but I probably could have done 10 to 20 more

military style - usually I collapse after about 45 or so but I've hit 60 a couple of times with those.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

I am kind of surprised, am I missing something here? How can 5 yr olds do push ups and how would they know what a push up is?

I coached D squad for a while a few years back, we made our kids to push ups. Don't see a problem with that. But it was more of an exercise in discipline than a workout.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 100 push-ups too and today is week 1 day 2, (I missed a couple of days). I haven't done today yet, but I did 50 the other day. I was pretty happy with that.

On another note, I was in gymnastics at age 7 and we did plenty of push-ups. There were boys and girls younger than me doing them too. As young as 5 for sure. It's all a matter of exposure and not a big deal if a 5-7 year old doesn't know how to do a push-up. They're there to learn!
  • halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just finished up 6 months with a personal trainer. When she did my initial evaluation I could only do 6 girl push-ups. At my final session the other day I could do 30 boy push-ups. It felt really good. I'm gonna push for 50.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

There really are not many 5 year olds on the team... but the kids who are in first or second grade I assumed would have done them in gym class.