Who else loves to drink wine?

Options

Replies

• JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    WINE!
    I prefer chardonnay or pinot noir. I may have had two glasses while cooking dinner last night...
    and yes, wine made it into the dish I was cooking as well.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    coffee_wine.jpg
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My orthopedist asked me how many drinks I had a week. I said 2 to 3 glasses of wine a week, and he said "That's not enough!" I tend to agree.

^^
    Funny! Love my wine, but "only one" seems far too little, so I save the cals for food instead (most of the time).
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    “Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.”
    Benjamin Franklin

I believe this, with all my heart and soul.

I feel smarter and happier for having read this!

THIS.
  • jennide
    jennide Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ME, ME!!! I love my wine. It truly is the only thing that makes me feel normal at the end of the night. I too have been thinking I might need to cut back or cut it out all together but I think my kids would suffer if I did that!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I love wine! White Merlot and a good Riesling are my favorites.
  • shugdes
    shugdes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Chardonnay, and was previously having about three glasses in the evening. I come home from work and that is my relaxation - go sit outside with a glass of wine (or three!) Now that I am back on a plan to eat healthier, exercise, lose weight and feel better, I have cut down. During the week I try to skip some nights, and if I do have it keep it to one or two glasses. Going to the gym for just 1/2 hr after work now helps me to limit and happy about that. I will make room in my calorie allowance for some wine though - I'd rather have that than anything I can think of to eat! If all I drank was red I'd be really thin because I just don't care for it like I do white!!:drinker:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    While losing the majority of my weight I drank wine (with the occasional other alcohol) 6 days a week. Usually one 8oz glass on weekdays (except Monday) and 3-4 on Fri-Sun.... A couple of months ago, I decided that I didn't want to drink that much. Didn't want to flirt with alcoholism. So now I drink 2-4 Fri and Sat and 1 glass on Sunday. Usually 2 bottles total or a touch less.

Fit it into your calories just like any other treat if it is worth it to you. It won't hurt your metabolism or make your fat burners take a siesta or anything else. And it is delicious, particularly when laying in a hot bubble bath or in a hammock :)
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I like wine a lot, but I only have it on occasion. I hate getting calories through beverages, but every now and then I just have to have a smidge of pinot noir. :drinker:
  • sepulchura
    sepulchura Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Original poster: you sound like you have it under control and enjoy it, sweet.

I can only have one glass at a time due to how much food I desire, have a real hard time making room for it. But I love wine :O) (of course I do, I'm a pirate)
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love my wine but only drink it on the weekends. My husband and I belong to a wine club at a local wine store. They have tastings every Friday and Saturday and we find some great wines there. Most nights they have 6 wines to try but once a month they have a big event with 25 to 30 different wines to try plus appetizers. We always come home with a bottle or two or three...
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    :drinker: ME!! sent you a FR because I have a feeling you are awesome.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    It's part of a balanced breakfast.

Breakfast+for+Dinner.jpg
  • nerakma
    nerakma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am trying to remember the last time I had a glass of wine ..... and I can't. Queue the puns about drinking and blackouts :laugh:

I know the last glass of wine I had was more than 75 days ago (that's how long I have been logging for) ....

I did share a Peroni lager about a week ago! :blushing:
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the last time I had dinner without wine. We love wine, and enjoy the challenge of pairing the right wine with every dinner. There's nothing quite like that perfect pairing. Tonight will be a medium bodied red with fresh pasta, pesto, and a mixed greens salad. Is it dinner time yet?
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was so happy when a BevMo opened just a couple miles from where I work. I'm on the mailing list, so when I got the notice of "Buy one, get one for 5 cents", I was like, "FIELD TRIP!" Came home with eight bottles. :D

I should open a bottle a bit later this evening... I have Cardano's genoa salami, mizythra cheese...
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I love a good dry red wine. The problem is I live alone and when I first became single I drank pathetic amounts of it. I haven't had any for a while, but after reading through this thread I may have to pour a glass tonight :drinker:
  • LauraElectric
    LauraElectric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    coffee_wine.jpg

This ^^^ is actually something my friends and I have confessed to thinking! Coffee and wine addicts unite!
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love a good dry red wine. The problem is I live alone and when I first became single I drank pathetic amounts of it. I haven't had any for a while, but after reading through this thread I may have to pour a glass tonight :drinker:
    I can sympathize with that. I still remember my sophomore year of college where I got cheerfully plastered on a gallon of Gallo red and then decided it was a good idea to hike San Xavier Mission in my Birkenstocks. In July. In Tucson. Oy...

Okay, impromptu poll - You're about to be stranded on a desert island. You can bring ONE bottle of wine with you. What do you bring?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Okay, impromptu poll - You're about to be stranded on a desert island. You can bring ONE bottle of wine with you. What do you bring?
    I can't decide, but it WILL be a vinho verde, or a prosecco, if I can bring it chilled, of course.