I want to cry.....

Options
I was brushing my hair...and it happened. I found a gray hair! I feel like I'm getting old and that just reinforces it. I decided that I'm not going to allow myself to get old and run-down and I'm going to push just that extra little bit harder when I work out.

Who here has found those dreaded first gray hairs, and how do y'all deal with it? This is really bothering me.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I was brushing my hair...and it happened. I found a gray hair! I feel like I'm getting old and that just reinforces it. I decided that I'm not going to allow myself to get old and run-down and I'm going to push just that extra little bit harder when I work out.

Who here has found those dreaded first gray hairs, and how do y'all deal with it? This is really bothering me.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hair dye! :wink: makes it all better!:flowerforyou:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options

I have white hairs, (they are white not grey, cough) Don't worry about it, want a special Al hug? lol
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I'm only 24 and already found 2:explode:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Here...you can borrow some of mine....

kiwi_shoe_polish.jpg

You're still a pup, don't worry about one! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow, yes..I agree with Ali.....clairol or herbal essences..whatever you want...will become a good friend!! ;) Trust me, they start coming in pretty fast too. You find one and it seems like it starts the ball rolling. Not trying to scare you, but just let you know it isn't a huge deal! :) It doesn't mean you're old! It's just genetics when they start to come......you are still a young, hot, rockin chick!!! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    [[/quote]

I have white hairs, (they are white not grey, cough) Don't worry about it, want a special Al hug? lol
    [/quote]
    if she doesn't i sure do! :wink:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Here...you can borrow some of mine....

kiwi_shoe_polish.jpg

You're still a pup, don't worry about one! :flowerforyou:

LMAO!
  • carrotstick
    Options
    eh.. I'm 23 and I have several gray hairs! stress will do that to you!
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    Just be happy that it's not falling out! :tongue:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Yup. My son always tells me "Mom you have to go gray some time." No I don't. :noway: :bigsmile:
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I started getting grey hair when I was 16. So not necessarily an age thing.

Ditto on Tam and Ali that hair dye becomes a great friend. :laugh:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options

I've been getting my hair colored since I was around 28... that's when I discovered my first few "white" hairs.... I have no clue what my natural color is now!
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Girl , I started getting grey in high school!!! Hair color works wonders. Not cheap, but it works, and you get to be a new person every time you get it done. :tongue:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My husband has been grey for the last few years now, and at first he dyed it but he hated the upkeep, now he shaves his head. I don't imagine that's an option for you :laugh: :laugh: I haven't found any grey in my hair, but a few pure white strays. Hopefully they take their time cause I can't imagine having to dye my hair every few weeks. Plus we're only in our early thirties. My husband was so grey that people thought he was my dad....poor guy!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    My friends found a few greys in my hair the other day.. It was like they wanted to frame it or something... kinda funny:)
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    omg i've been dyin my hair since i was 16 to cover up the greys.. we get it early in my family! lol

so yeh, find you a good color.. you can go with your natural or a brand new YOU! lmao
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it until you start looking like this.......

albert-einstein.jpg
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Don't cry They are just wisdom hairs!! I don't know why they have to stick straight out from your head but they do! I hate the upkeep but I have younger kids so I keep doing it. Anyway my mind and heart are not the same age as my old bod (and hair) so I'll color away!!
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    if she doesn't i sure do! :wink:

:wink: i have to warn you, i will be topless...