Bad date experience

Options
This evening I went on a date with a guy I had been chatting to on a dating site. It seemed to be going well until out of the blue he mentions that I look fatter in person than I do on my pictures. These pictures were taken at my highest weight and I've manages to lose 11lbs since those pictures have been taken. Not only that he also asked if I could take my glasses off because he didn't like them and preferred to date girls who didn't wear them. It shouldn't have been a shock to him because I were them in all my pictures so there was no false 'advertising' at all.
I know it shouldn't get to me but it has, I finally decide to start dating again and then end up going on my first date with this guy :(

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    douche' brush it off guys gonna die alone...NEXT!!!
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^ YUP! YUP!^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Don't waste even one second of breath on this arsewipe, he isn't worth it. Let him take his picky attitude and go torture someone else. If he's like this on the first date, how do you think the relationship will be? Don't walk, RUN!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    wow, how unbelievably rude!!!!

I agree, that dude is totally not worth your time.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    This guy sounds like a total loser.

I hate bad dates myself.

raiders16.gif

raiders20.gif
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Jiminy Cricket that guy sounds like a winner. Ugh. Sorry about that hon.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    He sounds like an idiot. You can do better. :)
  • Dylansmom06
    Dylansmom06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sooo good you found out this early on. Now you can move on to a real man. :flowerforyou:
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What an idiot.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    What a wanker.
  • polluxy
    polluxy Posts: 31
    Options
    Uh...wow. You didn't punch him? Or pick yourself up and leave, make a scene and leave him to pay the bill? You've got WAY more self control than I do!

What a rude little berk, hope he enjoys killing all his potential relationships.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he might have been "negging." Jerk.
  • pinkpascal
    pinkpascal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just couldn't believe how rude he was!!! No wonder he's single.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    sSB5IEy.jpg

This would be the polite version of my reaction to this guy, because you know, we're in public.
  • ChicagoWalt
    Options
    He sounds like a complete assclown! Never accept someone's rudeness! Move on and deserve better!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I could do internet dating, just to see this world of insanity.
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of MANY dates I had with various online-romeos....

Had one request that I "wear my hair straight next time because that was how my pictures were"

... or the one that said "you are a great gal, if you were 50 lbs lighter".
    ... or "how much do you weigh? because I don't date women who weigh more than me!"

Shrug it off and keep moving. So many frogs in the pond and so little time. <sigh>

I find many people browse dating sites like online catalogs, and treat the entire experience like their shopping for that perfect ideal mate ...but the problem is... NO ONE is perfect.

It really is about their inept social skills, lack of depth, overblown expectations and not about YOU.
    Keep your chin up. ;-)
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    i'm 23 and even I've sworn off dating for a while...been a long while actually. I've been the rebound girl, the "let's just have fun and see what happens" girl and the friendzoned girl. They say if you love yourself then one day you'll find someone who loves you too. so work on some self love and believe that not all guys are a**holes and thet one day you'll find a nice one.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I'm gussing there was no second date. Dodged a bullet there. Seriously, I can MAYBE understand a comment if you'd posted a picture that was 50lbs lighter than your current weight (because that's very misleading - we all have physical preferences) but that was just plain rude.