for women because it might be TMI for men

Options

Replies

• mayflowermn
    mayflowermn Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Just tired of the endless parade of questions that 1) all have the same answer, and could be resolved by simply using the search feature, and 2) reflects a kind of shocking lack of observational skills for an adult woman who has been experiencing the exact same thing every single month for years.

Exactly!

I think it is more commonly referred to as a "keen sense of the obvious".

And I never understood marking topics: " for women because it might be TMI for men "

That's a universal green light for people to click! lol
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    People can always ignore or just not reply to threads that may pop up often. Not everyone spends their entire day waiting to see what threads pop up and maybe by asking a question its an opportunity to find friends with similar goals or experiences.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Yup!!! I retain fluid horribly for that time and I seem to be extra sensitive to sodium in general!!!

I wish my back looked like yours when I was retaining fluid, lol. :flowerforyou:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I gain 4 pounds of water weight on my period, and then I want to burn the scale and chuck it at the wall. It's totally normal.
  • Cole7612
    Cole7612 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I said "might" I am not stereotyping trust me... my husband has amazed me at how little he cares about knowing anything about it but I am not naïve and know their are immature people out their
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ haha! Thanks Lyadeia
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    People can always ignore or just not reply to threads that may pop up often. Not everyone spends their entire day waiting to see what threads pop up and maybe by asking a question its an opportunity to find friends with similar goals or experiences.

Search. Function.

No one needs to hover all day waiting for their topic to show up. That would be incredibly tedious, especially considering all the repetitive posts that show up all the time.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options

Just tired of the endless parade of questions that 1) all have the same answer, and could be resolved by simply using the search feature, and 2) reflects a kind of shocking lack of observational skills for an adult woman who has been experiencing the exact same thing every single month for years.

Exactly!

I think it is more commonly referred to as a "keen sense of the obvious".

And I never understood marking topics: " for women because it might be TMI for men "

That's a universal green light for people to click! lol

Besides, how is weight gain during a menstrual cycle "TMI for men." I think most men can handle this, but gee thanks for watching out for us. :huh:
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    for women because it might be TMI for men

Men know nothing about these things? Way to stereotype.

Lol... her question was to whether or not others gained weight while on their period. If there is a man here who gets a period and can answer (for themselves) her question, I'm sure she'd be okay if the men responded.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    yes i go up for sure! then typically i go back to normal right after or the week after.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    And why is this thread listed under "Goal: Gaining Weight"?

My only question about this thread is, why do you feel the need to be so obnoxious in your responses?
  • Cole7612
    Options
    Musikelektron I get that...I already explained that I am not naïve and understand that MOST men can handle talking about it but I do know their are immature people as shown on the post
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options
    OP, I apologize if you read my tone as one of belittlement. Not the goal. Once you've been around for awhile, you'll understand why it can get annoying to see people consistently fail to search for things that come up daily (hourly, sometimes). Oh, the tedium! When I first joined, I did the exact same thing as you did, and someone set me straight right away. Personally, I'm glad they did. Not at the time, of course. I thought they were being pretty rude, but now I look back and I get it.

Anyway, search function. That's the main lesson here. That and *of course* most women gain weight during their periods. That's a thing and I thought everyone in the world knew it. So now you know.
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes OP, you do some times retain water during that time of the month. It's your body's way trying to make up for all the loss.

Sorry about the somewhat angry responses, they are just hungry. Or like we call them on the forums they are Hangry!

If you are talking about me, I'm not hangry! I just ate a bunch of leftover Chinese food. Quite yummy.

She may be an adult woman but like a lot of us on here, our weight wasn't watched until we decided to try and lose it. Not watching our weight can result in not knowing you gain water around your period. ;)
  • Cole7612
    Options
    ashleyisgreat I agree with you ...if you didn't say something I would not know but posting something that comes off as if I wrote this to intentionally annoy you is a bet extreme...I find it a bit humorous how some people have reacted to a simple question
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I used to like clockwork. I'm thru menopause, thankfully, but it used to really chap my a**! LOL. And the really bad thing is that I would eat like a truck driver the week and half before I started - I would be literally STARVING all the time. My periods were irregular, in fact, and I would know I was going to start when I stopped craving chocolate. Strange, but true.
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options
    Yes OP, you do some times retain water during that time of the month. It's your body's way trying to make up for all the loss.

Sorry about the somewhat angry responses, they are just hungry. Or like we call them on the forums they are Hangry!

If you are talking about me, I'm not hangry! I just ate a bunch of leftover Chinese food. Quite yummy.

She may be an adult woman but like a lot of us on here, our weight wasn't watched until we decided to try and lose it. Not watching our weight can result in not knowing you gain water around your period. ;)

You're right! I guess I always assumed that everyone else was inundated with ads for various feminine hygiene products from a young age like I was. You know the kind. They are supposed to fix the dreaded period bloat that we experience. You see women in baggy sweatshirts and the narrator is lamenting the effects of bloating and cramping. So even as a kid I knew that women got bloated (i.e., gained water weight) from their periods. And as a person who experiences slight weight gain and bloating, I could always tell physically when my jeans felt tighter.
  • christy1027
    christy1027 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have only just now realized what TOM is.

I felt quite silly because i had to ask what it was recently... then my brother used it in a text msg and I was like... how the heck do you know what that is... hahaha!
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options
    ashleyisgreat I agree with you ...if you didn't say something I would not know but posting something that comes off as if I wrote this to intentionally annoy you is a bet extreme...I find it a bit humorous how some people have reacted to a simple question

Interesting that you read my initial comment that way. I'm not sure where I said or even implied that you "intentionally" wrote this to annoy me. I think that might say more about you than it does about me.

The whole point was that this question comes up constantly, and people ought to be using the search function more often. It had literally nothing to do with you personally or your intentions.
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Lol it's clear some people are on their period while answering your question.

Yeah it's normal...a lot of women bloat and gain a little weight while on their period. It's temporary and will go away.