Have You Read Your Ingredient Lists Lately?

Options
We talk about all the horrid little chemicals in McDonald's food, right?

How come we aren't talking about all the horrid little chemicals in food that is labeled "healthy"? The pic below is the ingredients list for a WW cereal bar. Just because the package says it's healthy and good for you, doesn't mean that it is...

READ YOUR INGREDIENT LISTS, PEEPS!

9pntwn.jpg

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Not that I ever eat that stuff, but which of those ingredients are "horrid" ?
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    seriously, how can there be THAT MANY CHEMICALS in a granola bar?!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many are in everything?
    Here are a few from coffee:
    150 Aliphatic compounds
    56 Carbonyl compounds
    9 Sulfur containing compounds
    20 Alicyclic compounds
    10 Ketones
    60 Aromatic benzenoid compounds
    16 Phenols
    300 Heterocyclic compounds
    74 Furans
    10 Hydrofurans
    37 Pyrroles
    9 Pyridines
    2 Quinolines
    70 Pyrazines
    10 Quinoxalines
    3 Indoles
    23 Thiophens
    3 Thiophenones
    28 Thiazoles
    28 Oxazole

It's all chemicals. All food is chemicals.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see the nutritional information... the filling has sugar as the number one ingredient, and Glucose Syrup as the number 3 ingredient, and I see 2 more mentions of sugar and 1 more glucose syrup in other parts of the bar. And calling it glucose syrup isn't going to change the fact that it is also a sugar...
  • Mandy290
    Mandy290 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Unless you go the expensive way which is all organic you will always be putting some kind of chemical in your body. I was horrified to ready an article about aspartame which is a chemical in all sugar substitutes. And can be deadly. Not only that but it triggers your brain to respond in different ways. One way it makes your brain respond is by making it crave carbs. Not to mention that it has been causing major illness and there is a reported 90 deaths from the intake of aspartame. And yet its FDA approved!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Unless you go the expensive way which is all organic you will always be putting some kind of chemical in your body. I was horrified to ready an article about aspartame which is a chemical in all sugar substitutes. And can be deadly. Not only that but it triggers your brain to respond in different ways. One way it makes your brain respond is by making it crave carbs. Not to mention that it has been causing major illness and there is a reported 90 deaths from the intake of aspartame. And yet its FDA approved!

lord-beer-me-strength.gif?w=545
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I use fooducate just for this reason!! It scores the food you eat from a F-A+ and red flags anything that isn't good for you so you can read over it and learn about it, while deciding if your going to eat it anyways. I am for the most part going vegetarian again just so I can avoid eating HORRIBLE food. And just eat more fresh and GMO free foods.

FYI: its a scanner app for Iphone and Android phones. and can leave comments and add items if not in the system by taking a picture of the front and the ingredients items and email them to the app creator. SUPER AWESOME!!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Did you know there are 15 different words for sugar?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

lord-beer-me-strength.gif?w=545

5488.jpg
  • OMGeeeHorses
    Options

Umm not all organic foods and items are all that great as well. Just because its ORGANIC doesn't mean it doesn't have harmful things in it lol
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Only 15?
  • OMGeeeHorses
    Options
    -_- error
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many are in everything?
    Here are a few from coffee:
    150 Aliphatic compounds
    56 Carbonyl compounds
    9 Sulfur containing compounds
    20 Alicyclic compounds
    10 Ketones
    60 Aromatic benzenoid compounds
    16 Phenols
    300 Heterocyclic compounds
    74 Furans
    10 Hydrofurans
    37 Pyrroles
    9 Pyridines
    2 Quinolines
    70 Pyrazines
    10 Quinoxalines
    3 Indoles
    23 Thiophens
    3 Thiophenones
    28 Thiazoles
    28 Oxazole

It's all chemicals. All food is chemicals.

This.
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Kind of like Eskimos and snow.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    No. Food is food and everything is made of chemicals. I'm made of chemicals, you're made of chemicals, the apple I ate earlier? Chemicals.

I don't waste time with ingredient lists. Takes time away from eating.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

In...

...to learn about these 90 deaths from aspartame.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

you realize that most "organic" fruit and vegetables are treated with some form of chemical right? I believe some of the "organic" farmers use DDT...
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I see nothing in that list that your body is incapable of metabolizing or handling properly
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    The derp. It's blinding me!