Wheelchair to running coach. In 28 months. 100lbs lost.

Options

Replies

• chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    inspiring story. You look amazing!!!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! I can't even find the words. What an inspiration you are!!
  • JavaJael
    JavaJael Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring - if you can do it! I can do it!

Can you share a bit more on how you got started? And what you did to lose it all?
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Really incredible life change. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • roliepolieolie
    roliepolieolie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    HOLY MOLY YOU ARE AWESOME xD
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are a true inspiration. So happy for you - you look incredible!!
  • SHRINKINGG1
    SHRINKINGG1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow I want to be the OP when I grow up.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you hear this a lot, but you're SUCH an inspiration!! WOW!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Wow! This is an amazing story and an inspiring journey. Thank you for sharing with us.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    holy moly - you are incredible!

Great job! and good luck for your new class!
  • dawndovell
    dawndovell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    SOoooooo great! You are a different person! You rock!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're very inspirational!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I think the best part is how many more lives you have the potential to change through your lifestyle change. Congrats!!!!
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and I needed to see this today! Thank you for sharing. I'm also interested in how you got started, specifically working through the pain. I also have discovered I love running, though I'm mowheres near you. Your on fire! Good luck in Philly! :bigsmile:
  • serafin366
    serafin366 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I legit am crying as I read your story. If this isnt inspiring to all of us then I don't know what is! Congrats, and thanks for paying it forward!
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Kick Butt! You rock so much!
  • shanaya37
    shanaya37 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Major life change!!! Kudos to you and your dedication to making your life better for yourself. Way to go!!!!
  • karri1959
    karri1959 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I have been having back problems due to a curved spine for the past two years, so I cannot imagine going through what you did and emerging victorious!

I'm back on track now with exercise and eating right, your story is such an inspiration for us!
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation. Though able to walk, going to my mailbox and back caused me great back pain after suffering a fall a few years ago which crushed vertebrae. My weigh had really shot up in the past few months when I saw my doctor in July. All blood tests showed problems and I told her I couldn't walk when she suggested it. She told me to get in the water. Unable to afford a gym membership, I went to the lake. Doing hydroroblics on my own in the water. Within a few weeks I was able to go to a local 1/8 mile track. At first I had to rest after each lap. Now I'm able to walk a mile without resting and recently walked 5 miles in a day for the first time. I am down 30 pounds now, but have many more to go. Stories like yours are such an encouragement. Thank you so much for sharing. I wish you good luck in your new role and blessings always.
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Praise GOD!! I love you for sharing this with us.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!