What's your best low-cal filling breakfast?

Replies

• christinemac17
    christinemac17 Posts: 56 Member
    2 boiled eggs, that's it. 140 cals, good protein and a little fat ... keeps me satisfied til lunch. Let me try the same number, or even many more, calories worth of grains or fruit and I'm weak and shaky in 90 minutes
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Oh - I just got this nifty microwave egg poacher. It's fast and works great. A poached egg on a piece of hot, whole wheat toast with a pat of butter and some freshly ground salt and pepper. Yum.

this sounds great. im going to go searching for one of these. i had one of these a LONG time ago. also the OP omelet sounds great but i would definitely need some cheese in it. but yum thanks for the ideas.

I have about three go tos that i use during the week. i have to be at work at 6:30 so i grab and go.

1. Dannon light & fit greek yogurt & string cheese.
    2. Evolve 8 oz chocolate protein shake & string cheese.
    3. Smoothie: with Kale, Grapes, Banana & Almond milk. or
    Protein shake: body fortress protein powder, pb2, almond milk. may add other stuff.

all keeps me full till lunch. but then again i have lunch at 10:15 am. :)
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    I do a smoothie with half a cup of milk, ice, what ever fruit is on hand and a scoop of vanilla protein powder, and its usually less than 250cal

or instant oatmeal (120-140cal) and a protein shake (120cal) made with half a cup of milk (50cal) = 290-330kcal
  • 2 eggs w/spinach topped with salsa, watermelon, and tea. The tea boosts your metabolism like coffee, but it also helps with bloating. I make sure to finish the tea before eating the fruit and most of the time I can't even finish the watermelon.

250 cal.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Egg beaters with veggies and tastefully simple bacon bacon
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    I slice Trader Joes 60 cal toast. I microwaved poached egg. I slice Kirkland ham, I slice reduced cal alpine swiss. 210 delicious calories. Often x2.
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    I'll usually have either:

2 slices of 45 calorie whole wheat toast
    2 whole eggs either hardboiled (140) or pan-cooked with cooking spray (160)
    Sometimes .5 tsp Smart Balance butter (40)
    Total: 230 - 290 calories

or

2 whole eggs either hardboiled (140) or pan-cooked with cooking spray (160)
    1 slice of 45 calorie whole wheat toast (sometimes)
    2 Morning Star Veggie Sausage patties/links (80 cals for the links)
    Sometimes .5 tsp Smart Balance butter (40)
    Total: 220 - 325

Just tried this today:

Blend together -
    4.8 oz Silken Tofu (68)
    60 ml Almond Breeze Original almond milk (15)
    4 oz strawberries (26)
    10g sugar (38)
    Total: 147

It was super filling, going to try experimenting with adding some banana instead of just tart strawberries to help out the taste. Hoping the banana will kill the need for the sugar to make it taste palatable to me.
  • :flowerforyou: Quaker Instant Oatmeal -- Raisin, Date & Walnut flavor -- made with water -- 140 calories.... tasty, crunchy & filling
  • tinavflynn
    tinavflynn Posts: 80 Member
    Another one I do, if no one has mention it yet, is a rice cake (40 cal - the lightly salted kind) and a tbsp of peanut butter. depending on the peanut butter it's about 135-145 cal for the whole thing. Enjoy!
  • AoifeJGB
    AoifeJGB Posts: 7 Member
    Third of a cup of each of the following:

Porridge oats/oatmeal
    Low fat milk
    Water
    Frozen raspberries OR stewed rhubarb OR stewed apple with cinnamon

Microwave for 2 minutes and sprinkle with a teaspoon of sweetener OR brown sugar OR honey. I have this with a 200ml glass of Trop50 for a total of about 200 - 240 calories.
  • NMGeo
    NMGeo Posts: 8
    Saute in EVOO a slice of onion (diced) with a stalk of celery (diced) (Adds a nice crunch), and a Hatch green chili (I prefer "Hot", but you can get "Mild", "Medium", or "X-Hot"). Add Lawry's Seasoned Salt.
    Add 1/2 C Egg Beaters
    119 Calories and keeps me going all morning.
  • 1 whole wheat waffle (90 cal)
    1 tbsp nut butter (peanut, almond, sunflower, cashew etc.) (90 - 100 cal)
    1 tbsp low-sugar jelly OR sliced strawberries (25 cal)
    1 cup of tea with truvia and lowfat milk (30 cal)

OR

Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt (80 cal) with 7 crushed Quaker Oat Squares (70 cal) and 5 crushed walnuts (100 cal) mixed in. I also have this with 1 cup of tea with truvia and lowfat milk

These breakfasts keep me in the under 300 cal range for breakfast, provide me with protein, and almost always fill me until lunch. Today I went off my usual breakfast by having some cheerios with banana and strawberry sliced on top. I was STARVING one hour later! I'm not doing that again! LOL!
  • ***Turkey bacon and egg white tomato basil wraps***

Ole Mexican Foods - Extreme Wellness Tomato Basil Tortilla Wrap, 1 tortilla = 90 cals

Butterball - Turkey Bacon Fully Cooked Everyday Original*, 1 slices (cut in half)=15 cals per slice

Weight Watchers - *Mexican Shredded Cheese, 5.6 g =16 cals

Great Value 100% Liquid Egg Whites Made From Eggs - Liquid Egg White, 3 tablespoons=25

total cals=146....delicious and filling!!!
  • I have a Yoplait strawberry/banana yogurt which is about 210 calories and a special k sausage, egg, cheese flatbread sandwhich which is about 240 calories. = 450 calories total. On days where I feel like I cant stomach the sandwhich, I just eat the yogurt (210 calories) with some granola by Nature Valley which is about 210 calories. = 420 calories total.

Not tiny numbers but I love to eat bigger meals but less times per day!
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    some of these sound delicous i will have to come back to this later to remember some.... mostly mine is oatmeal or some cheerios since im usually at work for breakfast time.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    My usual breakfast is 1 Yoplait Greek 100 2x protein yoghurt - peach, blk cherry, lemon, lime, strawberry or vanilla = 100 cals.

and a cup of black coffee = 0 cals.

Sometimes I'll also have a piece of fruit - banana, apple or pear = 100-115 cals.

Or for a little variety I'll add 1/4 cup Post Great Grains Cranberry Almond Crunch cereal to the vanilla flavor yoghurt for some crunch = 60 cals.

Even if I have all options at once (which I do sometimes), that's still only 260-275 Cals.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Quick fry steak sliced up and cooked in some paprika or chilli powder with peppers, onions, and fiery peppers then stirred into a tub of low fat cottage cheese - keeps me full for ages :)
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    It's only available here in China, but Sorghum flour steamed bun with a container of Chocolate soy milk (light). 305 calories. That keeps me full and happy from about 730-1145 when lunch is.
  • Glass of milk(2 cups) and whatever fruit is laying around.
    I never have time to cook.
  • eleanorlove
    eleanorlove Posts: 15 Member
    I often cook 1/4cup oats with 1cup water and some cinnamon (keep going, it does thicken up!) then have it with a bit of unsweetened yoghurt - makes a huge bowl of goodness for only around 160 calories!