Sports bras..can't get them off

Options
I'm really having a tough time finding a sports bra that I like. When I find one that fits, I can't get it off. I try to stick my arm back out the arm hole and then I hear the fabric stretching like i'm going to rip it. If I go to a larger size it doesn't fit snug. I'm a 34 b or c depending on the bra. I run and do zumba mostly. Any suggestions? Is it bad just to wear a regular bra?

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    i don't really get what's happening - i kind of just roll it up right to my armpits, then slip out one arm, (keep rolling the thing up), then slip out the other (and final roll up, bra removal complete). maybe you need to roll further up before getting your arm out?

there are sports bras with hooks. you could also probably wear a cotton t-shirt bra and be fine.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't pull my arms back through first...

I just grab the hems on either side with the opposite hand, arms over my head, and pull up. And then it's just off.

If you are having this problem a lot, get the hooked ones, maybe?

Edit because I accidentally said 'hooker' instead of 'hooked'. lol
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i totally get it. on not one but two occasions i tried to procure a new sports bra at d*ck's sporting goods and had this happen. the first one i tried i got over my head, started pulling it down only to realize that it wasn't big enough. but then i couldn't get the damn thing off. when i got to the point of trying to lift it over my head i just couldn't. and then i started to panic. it is an awful feeling to be half naked in a dressing room and unable to get the silly bra over your head. in the end i had to get help from the associate. she made sure to mention that 'it was okay because she was a nurse'. i felt bad that i assailed her eyes with my unwelcomed nakedness.

and then she brought me a larger size that fit awesome but then i couldn't get that one back over my head either. i ended up going back to my current bra that i loved but that is too big for me now - moving comfort fiona. it's sized like a normal bra, only it's a high impact sports bra. it hooks in the back and has straps like a normal bra but it works well for running. they also have other high impact bras if you check out their site.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Mine has hooks... maybe try hooks? As long as you're wearing a well fitting bra you should be fine, maybe try a crop top over that to keep them mashed down a bit extra? That's what I did when I first started working out and I was 34F
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am a good friend and offer support wherever I can....

If you need a hand or 2, I am always here to help!

I guess it's the nurse in me!
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If you plan on sticking with running DO NOT run in a normal bra, you will end up chafing and I promise you it does not feel good! I suggest a moving comfort bra, they are designed like an everyday bra, but will the wicking material you need. I have a zip up front, and a hook and eye back bra and they work great. FWIW I am a 34DD so not small chested and one moving comfort bra does the trick. I buy mine at TJMAXX or Marshalls, they are much cheaper there!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I buy this one from wal-mart- it's like a deep plunge dealio.. and it's a front clasp. I love them. Surprisingly supportive- and cute when you have to take your shirt off (I dance so I tend to spend a great deal of time without a shirt on) 16 bucks from danskin.

I'm a 34D- so it's not like i'm 'tiny' and I do a great deal of jumping around!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I am a good friend and offer support wherever I can....

If you need a hand or 2, I am always here to help!

I guess it's the nurse in me!

Oh lol!! :flowerforyou:

@OP, get the ones with hooks. Some even have them in the front so it's even easier.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    one of the ladies here should post a step by step video with instructions for Op. After all, we need to be mutually supportive as we are here for the same reason.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I. always. get. stuck. :embarassed:
    I thought that was the way it was supposed to be :blushing: I'm gonna have to check out those front clasp ones at Walmart, getting out of a schweddy sports bra isn't as amusing as it sounds :laugh:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Agree...
    I think we need a user to post of a video of "How To" remove them....

If need be, I will offer my assistance. :bigsmile:
  • laddibugg
    laddibugg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    "I. always. get. stuck. embarassed
    I thought that was the way it was supposed to be blushing I'm gonna have to check out those front clasp ones at Walmart, getting out of a schweddy sports bra isn't as amusing as it sounds laugh"

yesh......i figured if it was hard to get out of it meant my boobs were less likely to escape.

I usually just ask someone to unhook me.
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like your thinkin': they can't say yes until you give em a chance to! LOL (reposne to parncat)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I use Shock Absorber Max Support bras - they do up like normal bras so you can rotate them to the front to do up and reach behind you undo them.

Though when I store a tendon in my shoulder I had to get third-party help even then :blushing:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I. always. get. stuck. :embarassed:
    I thought that was the way it was supposed to be :blushing: I'm gonna have to check out those front clasp ones at Walmart, getting out of a schweddy sports bra isn't as amusing as it sounds :laugh:

I think I have a picture somewhere... I'll see what I can do for posting a picture so you have an idea. who doesn't like being cute AND functional!!!!

bam- there we go.

I'd say this is good to go up 1-2 more sizes- but depending on what you were doing I wouldn't go into like triple D or larger for sure.
    I was wearing a 36C- but it's just not enough- 34D is moar better- and I'm still having fit issues with street bras- but if gives you an idea- it holds a decent size.

anyway- I love this- I own 2 or 3 and I need more- it's time to retire one- I've had it for like 3 years!

20130611_232217_zpseddd6caf.jpg
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I usually just ask someone to unhook me.

**raises hand**
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ok...my favorite company EVER is TitleNine, they are mostly online but do have a few stores here n there.....they have hands down the best bras ever for any sport and any cleavage! They are a little more expensive than some but trust me keepin the girls up where they belong for s few more years because they were well supported is WORTH IT!!!!! If you cannot find what you ar elooking for there, then you'll need a custom made bra! Check em out at www.titlenine.com. And yeah they have easy off sport bras!
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD and I wear my sports bra probably a size smaller than I should for more support so it tends to be very tight. I've never had this problem of getting stuck. I just cross my arms across my chest, grab the bottom of the bra and pull it up and off over my head and arms at the same time. I'm actually having a hard time visualizing how one could get stuck.

I agree with previous posters though about trying sports bras with hooks if that would work better for you.

ETA: something actually helpful, lol. I bought a Victoria Secret underwire sports bra one time with hooks in the back and it was actually quite supportive and comfortable.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I dislocated my shoulder twice removing sports bras. (No joke.) Now I only buy the kind with hooks. They're expensive, but SO much better support. Totally worth it.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I have an under armour one that zips and hooks in the front. it's awesome.