supplements for appetite suppressing?

Options
Are there any supplements out there that anybody has had success with regarding appetite suppression and/or increased energy?

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Eat real foods, drink water (appetite suppression)

Drink coffee or exercise, or sleep well (increased energy!)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

^^^^ This

Save your money, pretty much anything you can buy over-the-counter is caffeine and carbs; 21st century snake oil.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

This. Your diary is closed, so we have to assume since you're hungry enough to want to suppress it that your probably doing the 1200 cal thing - that had me starving constantly, too. Check out this calculator to figure out your TDEE: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

You can choose desk job as your activity and eat back most or all of your exercise calories, or chose your exerscise level and just eat the same amount each day. MY BMR is 1375 and my TDEE is 2300 - I eat 2100 daily, don't track my exercise burns and slowly and steadily lose weight. No suppressents required. (And I subscribe to the "80/20, no food is bad" rule - 80% of my diet is awesome, but I can have chocolate/candy/etc. without any guilt. I hardly ever go nuts (unless it's girls night and the martinis are flowing!) but I also have no cravings, and therefore no binges.)

Also, it seems you have just a bit to lose. The closer you are to your goal, the closer you have to eat to maintenance so you won't rebound once you start eating normally. -15% would probably be fine, but once you get to 10 or less to go, switch down to -10% or -5%. Slow and stready right? You have to see this as something you can sustain forever. It's all about healthy, not skinny.

Best of luck!
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above! It does not look like you have that much more to lose. If you change your eating habits and exercise you should be fine! Since you have so little to lose it might come off slowly but the chances are it will stay off. You can't take suppressants for the rest of your life.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Taking an appetite suppressant doesn't train your body anything, once you lose the weight you'll quit taking them and you'll go right back to eating how you did because you are just taking a pill to kill the hunger instead of really training your body and brain what really works.

I've found that since I started eating cleaner, I'm full longer, I have more energy, and I feel great. The days I eat like crap, I feel like crap. When I eat food that is loaded in bad carbs, I find I'm hungrier then when I eat high lean protein.

Food can really help you learn to suppress your hunger if you learn to eat the right foods.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    FIBER with lots of water. Of course if you're eating more whole foods, the volume of it will be larger than that compared to processed foods in most cases.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Cardio suppresses my appetite better than Hoodia and Caffeine.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Start with a small apple and 16 oz of water. Stop drinking anything with more than 10 calories in it.
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    For me, an increase in healthy fats helps keep me satisfied more from meal to meal. Things like olive oil, coconut products, almonds/cashews, etc. - I try and consume with every meal.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Food oughta do it. Aim for something with protein, fibre and healthy fats to keep you satiated.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Food oughta do it. Aim for something with protein, fibre and healthy fats to keep you satiated.

This right here. Food suppresses my hunger quite well.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

This right here. Food suppresses my hunger quite well.

Agreed. Whenever I feel my stomach rumble, I just eat something and my appetite is suppressed instantly.