Subway

Options
2»

Replies

• kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I use to get the turkey, but changed to the chicken breast and I stay fuller longer.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I go with the veggie delight now....I miss my spicy Italians....but whoa that was like 500 cal...before the sauces and stuff :(

I get ALL my sauces I want on the side. Just watching them, I know they are putting WAY to much on, and I just feel much better if after I get my sandwich, if I can put my own sauces on, at least then I know I'm saying...OH ya I ate a veggie delight w/ light mayo...only 400 calories...when really it was like 800 because they put 10 tbsp's on there.... I'm exaggerating...a bit.. but you get my point.

I also like getting a BLT...though its something I could totally make at home, but still good there too.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    just fyi, i'm pretty sure that subway white bread does not have hfcs; what was surprising was that the what had it.

the white bread should be just flour, water, sugar, salt & yeast, like good bread. I almost always get the veggie delight.
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i agree with dr that i love the sweet onion dressing. i get a 6" wheat with turkey, sweet onion dressing, no cheese, light mayo (tiny bit) and tons of veggies, i think its like 240 calories, and yummo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    The nutrition is on there website. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the veggie delite on wheat with no cheese (you dont miss it if you have so many veggies on it) I put vinegar(i dont miss the oil) and oregano on it. So good, yes expensive, but worth it because if I went to wendys or mcds I would end up with fries.
  • rockchick793
    rockchick793 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I meant 290 my bad
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    Veggie delites are amazing! But I'm a vegetarian so yeah. Veggie delight foot long, honey oat bread (only ten more calories than wheat), no cheese, every veggie except olives and onions, vinegar, salt and pepper, sweet onion sauce, all for five dollars!
  • oddgirlout
    Options
    I like the turkey sub for a cold sub. I get double meat if I am really hungry instead of a footlong. I put spinach, tomato, onion, cucumber, black pepper and a little light mayo on the wheat bread. You will not miss the cheese on this.

For a hot sub I love the roasted chicken breast. I get it on wheat with cheddar cheese toasted. I have spinach, tomato, onion, black pepper, one pass of yellow mustard and the fat free honey mustard. It's delish!
  • ephay
    ephay Posts: 74
    Options
    Looks like the white bread is ok - -

SUBWAY

Bread Ingredients
    Italian Bread - Enriched flour (wheat flour, barley malt, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, sugar, contains less than 2% of the following: soybean oil, yeast, salt, wheat protein isolate, wheat gluten, dough conditioners (acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ammonium sulfate, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate, amylase [enzymes]), sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, mineral oil. Contains soy and wheat

Wheat Bread - Enriched flour (flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, whole wheat flour, :grumble: high fructose corn syrup, :grumble: wheat gluten, contains less than 2% of the following: wheat bran, yeast, salt, soybean oil, dough conditioner (acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides, ammonium sulfate, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate, amylase (enzymes)], cracked wheat, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, caramel color (contains sulfites), dried honey preparation (honey powder, invert sugar, wheat starch, soy bran flour, silicon dioxide [anti-caking]), mineral oil.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I really don't like Subway, the only thing I love is incredibly bad for you (which I actually invented LOL- the bacon chx ranch sub!), but my husband loves it so we end up going sometimes.

I generally get the 6in sweet onion chx teriyaki. No cheese and no mayo (or any of that crap) on the 9 grain bread. It isn't my favorite food in the world but it works. What I like about it is that it isn't bad calorie-wise for a meal but it has flavor. The chicken is flavored and the dressing has a good flavor too- just a plain chx sub with veggies and no dressings or whatever is gross. Bleck.