Sriracha

Just discovered this sauce, what is your favorite food to use it on?

Replies

• rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Pretty much everything !
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I mostly use it for crack slaw (stirfry made with broccoli slaw, onion, red pepper, baby bellas, soy sauce, sriracha & hamburg/sausage/pork) but have added it to a few other things or at least put it on the table as a condiment for Hubs in case he wants to add a little extra heat.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Pretty much everything !

Haha yup! I put that shyt on everything.

Oh wait... that's Frank's red hot :indifferent:
  • awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    Rice, broccoli, chicken, quesdillas, eggs, steak, asparagus.

haha I put it on everything!! I love it so much.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Everything. I go through a large bottle in about 6-8 weeks.

EDIT: And I buy 2-3 bottles at a time so that I always have a backup bottle. Srs.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Every damn thing.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    i just discovered taste for it. everyone i know loves it and i didnt. but now i do. i like it on brussel sprouts. and chicken fried rice, so far.
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    ALL OF THE THINGS!!!

Heheh, my fiance and and I want to make Sriracha ice cream...

But seriously, it's great on eggs, sandwiches, Mexican, Chinese, even Italian if you want it spicy, stuffed peppers, etc... Just about anything.
  • Method_One
    Method_One Posts: 58 Member
    Everything!! It's great on eggs. I use it in place of ketchup a good deal. Along the same vein in flavor profile, I've also gotten into Korean hot chili paste as a base for marinated chicken and pork.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Chicken Alfredo pizza
  • jrknotts
    jrknotts Posts: 45 Member
    everything.
  • mdreis
    mdreis Posts: 4 Member
    Everything. I especially like it added to soups though.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    The question is, what is it NOT good on..??
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    I usually use it with soy sauce in my stir-fry. It makes a delicious stir-fry with a little kick. *drool*
  • I love this sauce!...and at 5 cals a tablespoon, I can have as much as I want :-)

I like to eat it with kababs, chicken fried rice, chicken nuggets, vegetable lomein. The possibilities are endless!
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    I will literally eat it on almost anything, but my favorite is mixing it with low fat mayo as a dip for anything. Vegetables, fries, the works. So good.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    I agree with the masses, everything
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Love it! I make a soup that is extremely low in calories with miso paste, rice vinegar, cole slaw mix, enoki mushrooms, tofu or shrimp, sliced carrots, few drops of sesame oil and kale and I use it in the broth to give it some punch.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Mixed with mayo...
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Sriracha = liquid awesome
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Frank's - nasty.

Sriracha - DELICIOUS!!!

Okay sure it's Asian. But it really does work on everything from Asian to Mexican to Italian, and all things in between. I like to make a breakfast of eggs, spinach, cheese, and some other goodies, and squirt the sriracha all over it. Wrap it in a whole wheat tortilla with a big cup of coffee, and I'm good to go.

Other favorite uses: Chicken wings dipping sauce (no need to water it down. Just squirt it in a bowl then dip my wings in it). Sushi topping. Hamburger topper. Asian noodles topper. A squirt or 2 in spaghetti sauce or on top of a pizza.

When my sinuses kick in hard, I squirt a little in a glass of water and drink it. You'd be surprised how quickly this'll clean your sinuses out.

Once my 8 year old daughter offered me a dollar to squirt it directly into my mouth. Easiest dollar I ever earned. (I gave her dollar back when she was sleeping.)

Lay's sriracha potato chips suck. ABORT!!!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    ALL OF THE THINGS!!!

But seriously, it's great on eggs, sandwiches, Mexican, Chinese, even Italian if you want it spicy, stuffed peppers, etc... Just about anything.

Yes! All of the things! and Sriracha ice cream sounds amazing. We made a tabasco ice cream once that was out of this world. Going to try it with sriracha instead. Great idea!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    I put it all over my pad thai when it's done. I can't make it very spicy out of the gate or the kids won't eat it....
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    haven't tried it.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,670 Member
    I generally take it like a shot

or drink it with a straw

sometimes I add food to it.

Maybe pizza.
  • This hangs proudly framed in my kitchen.

Sriracha-Poster-Etsy-DrunkGirlDesigns.jpg
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    I like sriracha on eggs and omelettes, in chili to spice it up, on veggies, on meat.. I guess fruit is the only thing I don't like it on, haha!
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    ALL OF THE THINGS!!!

Yes! All of the things! and Sriracha ice cream sounds amazing. We made a tabasco ice cream once that was out of this world. Going to try it with sriracha instead. Great idea!

Ooh, please let me know how it is if you make it!! I'd love your recipe!! :drinker: