sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    Sriracha = liquid awesome
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Frank's - nasty.

Sriracha - DELICIOUS!!!

Okay sure it's Asian. But it really does work on everything from Asian to Mexican to Italian, and all things in between. I like to make a breakfast of eggs, spinach, cheese, and some other goodies, and squirt the sriracha all over it. Wrap it in a whole wheat tortilla with a big cup of coffee, and I'm good to go.

Other favorite uses: Chicken wings dipping sauce (no need to water it down. Just squirt it in a bowl then dip my wings in it). Sushi topping. Hamburger topper. Asian noodles topper. A squirt or 2 in spaghetti sauce or on top of a pizza.

When my sinuses kick in hard, I squirt a little in a glass of water and drink it. You'd be surprised how quickly this'll clean your sinuses out.

Once my 8 year old daughter offered me a dollar to squirt it directly into my mouth. Easiest dollar I ever earned. (I gave her dollar back when she was sleeping.)

Lay's sriracha potato chips suck. ABORT!!!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THE THINGS!!!

Heheh, my fiance and and I want to make Sriracha ice cream...

But seriously, it's great on eggs, sandwiches, Mexican, Chinese, even Italian if you want it spicy, stuffed peppers, etc... Just about anything.

Yes! All of the things! and Sriracha ice cream sounds amazing. We made a tabasco ice cream once that was out of this world. Going to try it with sriracha instead. Great idea!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I put it all over my pad thai when it's done. I can't make it very spicy out of the gate or the kids won't eat it....
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    haven't tried it.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I generally take it like a shot

or drink it with a straw

sometimes I add food to it.

Maybe pizza.
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    This hangs proudly framed in my kitchen.

Sriracha-Poster-Etsy-DrunkGirlDesigns.jpg
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like sriracha on eggs and omelettes, in chili to spice it up, on veggies, on meat.. I guess fruit is the only thing I don't like it on, haha!
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THE THINGS!!!

Heheh, my fiance and and I want to make Sriracha ice cream...

But seriously, it's great on eggs, sandwiches, Mexican, Chinese, even Italian if you want it spicy, stuffed peppers, etc... Just about anything.

Yes! All of the things! and Sriracha ice cream sounds amazing. We made a tabasco ice cream once that was out of this world. Going to try it with sriracha instead. Great idea!

Ooh, please let me know how it is if you make it!! I'd love your recipe!! :drinker:
  • amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan as well, and when we ended up with a surplus of spicy peppers in the garden, I tried this: http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.com/do-it-yourself/2011/10/how-to-make-sriracha/

There's some effort involved, but the results are fiery, yet yummy.

Pro tips: decrease the sugar by half (it's too sweet for me as written), and don't ignore the part about wearing rubber gloves (my hands were irritated for days).

You don't have to use jalapenos either - use what you've got on hand and like the flavor of.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    LOVE it blended with Thai chili sauce and mayo as a dressing for salad. Especially a salad with shrimp and red cabbage. A little goes a long way and it is restaurant-quality yum.

I also put Sriracha on my "Philly cheesesteak" dish I've created...sauté bell peppers, onions & mushrooms and top with a little provolone or mozzarella (no bread or meat needed). Fav low cal dinner, and Sriracha takes it from bland to awesome IMO!
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOl, wow you are all addicts!!! Nice!

Happy I mentioned it! I'll be trying out a bunch of these suggestions!!
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I put Sriracha on pretty much everything.

It's a very rare treat for me, but put a dash of sriracha on chocolate ice cream.

Seriously. Don't knock it til you've tried it. The chocolate-y-er (izzat a word?) the better. Something like dark chocolate double fudge chunk. Or Rocky Road.

Life Changing.

Crap....I need to go to the store for ice cream now.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Jambalaya! Yum. My husband uses it in everything he cooks. I'm not a pepper head and I can eat it. It's got a nice flavor.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    it's not good in coffee, but everything else. It's the only reason I ever want hard-boiled eggs for a snack. Sometimes I wish it was hotter so we wouldn't go through it so fast. All the kids like it, and a bottle only lasts us about 2 weeks.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Triscuits, Peanut Butter, Sriracha.

****'s awesome with peanut butter.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Triscuits, Peanut Butter, Sriracha.

****'s awesome with peanut butter.
    I've heard that.... Actually, I was watching a show on the Food Network about food trucks and they were discussing the best burgers from food trucks. The best (or second, I don't remember) had peanut butter and sriracha on it. You should try it sometime.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Totally trying it mixed with PB on chicken! Thanks for the idea. I like it on stir fried anything or as a "dip" for things. Not a fan with eggs, but I like my eggs pretty plain.