redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options

gallery_35942_10875_10408973834c2116457747c.gif

:love:

What What In The Butt!!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Well, think about everyone you know in real life. At least a few of those people suck, right?

When you post on the internet, you are inviting every person with an internet connection to be part of your conversation. Some of those people suck.

I totally agree with this.

And even some non-sucktastic people have their off days. I think I'm generally pretty nice online, as I am face to face. But sometimes it is just so easy to blow off steam over things online.

For example, I am childfree by choice and I have a lot of little pet peeves about things people do as parents. For example having another baby to save their marriage after an affair or other really horrible serious issue. I've known some people irl who did this. So on the 'wrong' day, if I was on an internet forum and someone shared a similar story I might be a TOTAL jerk to them and tell them they're complete idiots for doing that...and I may even assume a bunch more things that are untrue, who knows.

Try not to take it personally. Just move on to a different forum, or offline channels.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You'd probably have better luck posting in a forum that is specific for your question. I'm a member if a couple of dog forums, several construction forums, one forum dedicated to bar and restaurant staff and this one. Craigslist is just a bunch of crazy people with nothing better to do with their lives. I wouldn't post there unless I was looking for the wackiest answer possible. Ditto w/ Yahoo! Answers.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    49665-The-Internet--jen-presents--Th-hatl.gif

Is that a red self-destruct button on top? Because that would come in really handy.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Why did you not post this on Craigslist?

Why did I not post the rant on Craigslist, or the question? I posted the Doberman question. And am thinking about posting the rant, however all it will do is send people off on their own tangents and name calling and Im not sure I want to deal with that.
    are we nicer over here? Just asking. Never post on Craigslist.

MFP is the definition of vanilla nice forums. Some forums out there are brutal.

especially if the general age is 15-25. People who are easily butthurt would be eaten alive.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You'd probably have better luck posting in a forum that is specific for your question. I'm a member if a couple of dog forums, several construction forums, one forum dedicated to bar and restaurant staff and this one. Craigslist is just a bunch of crazy people with nothing better to do with their lives. I wouldn't post there unless I was looking for the wackiest answer possible. Ditto w/ Yahoo! Answers.

Oh I've tried that on Doberman talk.com with other questions and its even worse. you will never get an answer to your post and just get called an idiot, irresponsible, a byb (back yard breeder)even if your not breeding and many other things. The people on that forum for the most part are all stuck up and get ad when someone sells a dog for less than $2000. They actually told one person they should be paying no less than $2000 for a Doberman puppy, who has that kind of money for a dog?!
  • kgreenRDLDN
    Options

Why did I not post the rant on Craigslist, or the question? I posted the Doberman question. And am thinking about posting the rant, however all it will do is send people off on their own tangents and name calling and Im not sure I want to deal with that.
    are we nicer over here? Just asking. Never post on Craigslist.

yes MFP forums are much better, just read through these replies, almost all are supportive. If I had posted this on a different forum I would have been ripped apart for no reason.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    Options
    So did the puppies eye colour change?

My addition is - A lot of people are probably drunk when they are online :drinker:

Not yet, but she is only at 5 weeks old Sunday. They told me they should change by the 8 week mark, though I'm hoping they don't because they are gorgeous as the blue
  • kgreenRDLDN
    Options

What makes you think the exact same thing won't happen here?

It does happen on some of these forums, but in general most people on here are accepting and understanding. and most understand the need to vent as a stress relief to hinder binge eating/bad choices.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options

What makes you think the exact same thing won't happen here?

It does happen on some of these forums, but in general most people on here are accepting and understanding. and most understand the need to vent as a stress relief to hinder binge eating/bad choices.

Kirk_you-must-be-new-here.png
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is no lie, my friend! And there is an accepted "Netiquette," Etiquette or manners that are acceptable when you are online, but most people do NOT respect that or the people they are subjecting to their crappy manners! If you wouldn't say it in person, then you shouldn't say it online! If you would talk like that in person you wouldn't be MY "friend" for long! LOL Don't let it eat you up..BUT don't waste time trying to correct those type of people either, because if that would work, they wouldn't do it in the first place. The most I do is reply to their comment with Unlike - too rude...then ask other posters to ignore them when they get testy n wanna argue some more. LOL
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That is no lie, my friend! And there is an accepted "Netiquette," Etiquette or manners that are acceptable when you are online, but most people do NOT respect that or the people they are subjecting to their crappy manners! If you wouldn't say it in person, then you shouldn't say it online! If you would talk like that in person you wouldn't be MY "friend" for long! LOL Don't let it eat you up..BUT don't waste time trying to correct those type of people either, because if that would work, they wouldn't do it in the first place. The most I do is reply to their comment with Unlike - too rude...then ask other posters to ignore them when they get testy n wanna argue some more. LOL

Most people are rude in real life too.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    that's what forums are for.....everyones thoughts...
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So you're a backyard breeder then. Yeah, most people who love animals don't like irresponsible dog owners.
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    By the way post whatever you want here - why is venting about something that genuinely upset you inappropriate for a page full of HELLOOOO STRESS EATERS!!?!?!?!?!?! HAHAHA You didn't insult any of us (oops unless the rabid dobie posters are chunky n trying to lose wieght on MFP and you were their scapegoat cuz they couldn't eat their daily chocolate that day without going over in calories...!!! ). Hope you have a better day for most of us who answered you supportively!
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Omg, I remember this! What song is this from?!?!?
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Did you keep the puppy? Do you have a picture? everyone like's puppies - they're under-represented on the internet thanks to those blasted cats and their evil plan to take over the internet.
  • LePetitCochon
    Options

Can't. Stop. Laughing. :laugh:
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    Omg, I remember this! What song is this from?!?!?

What what...in the butt
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    49665-The-Internet--jen-presents--Th-hatl.gif

6854sn.jpg

50189-IT-Crowd-gif--I-love-this-I-fe-2Ab8.gif

Pretty much.
    Best. Show. Ever. :glasses:

I also didn't realize Craigslist had a forum section. If you have a bunch of dog-related questions, why wouldn't you go to a forum about dogs? It seems like you'd get far more pertinent answers and way fewer crazies doing it that way.