What can I expect from Insanity?

Options
Hi guys. So I know that I might get flamed for this but I was wondering if you guys could suggest the inches and weight I might lose doing insanity. I'm currently on Day 4 (only!) but I'm very paranoid that if I continue with this I will actually slow my progress of losing sizes than if I were not to do a hardcore workout for 60 days!

So I'm 5'6, 22 years old and currently 212lbs. My waist is 39" and my hips are 46" and I'm about a UK size 18 on bottom and a 16-18 on top.

I really want to get down to a size 12 by the time I've finished Insanity which would mean losing 6" each from my hips and waist...is this too much to ask?

As for my eating, my diary should be open to be viewed and all carbs are healthy (wholegrain cereal and fruit/veg). I'm recovering from an eating disorder where I didn't eat for 13 days straight and I'm incredibly paranoid that I'll barely lose anything doing Insanity.

Could anyone give me some support and tell me what I could expect from where I currently stand to when I finish this workout???

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    You get what you put into it.. nobody can really tell you how much your body is going to change.. If you do the moves, push yourself, leave everything out there when that video is done, and follow the nutrition plan (somewhat accurately) you will see results.. it may not be until the second month (insanity is known to have people not see anything til that second month) but it works just like another intense workout program.
  • slpaul100
    slpaul100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just started to! I'm on day three. I'm sending you a friend request so we can motivate one another. :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    How is Insanity not a "hardcore" workout?

I was dripping in sweat when I did it.

You get what you give. Push yourself.

Absolutely no one can tell you the numer of inches and lbs you will lose.

Good job getting back on track with healthy eating. Good luck to you and keep it up!
  • bettyclv
    bettyclv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My daughter lost like 40 pounds in 8 months doing insanity faithfully and that is the key to eat clean lots of water and commitment to his workouts they do work but everyone is different and u have to fund what works for u just take one day at a time
  • sacorner
    sacorner Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have considered insanity myself but had to hold off for medical reasons. The above statements are all true. No one can tell you the inches and pounds you will lose. But there are LOTS of insanity success stories on the forums. Look them up or talk to people who have done the program and see what their results were. Your's won't be exactly the same but at least it gives you an indication as to whether it will help you meet your goals.

p.s. my sister-in-law did the first two months before injuring herself at work and definitely saw inches coming off!

Don't give up!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    that is the key to eat clean

i think people have had grand success with insanity without eating "clean".

what did/does he/she eat?
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    So um... keeping track of how much water you drink will also help. I only looked at a couple of days but I saw all 0s for water intake. Get drinkin'.
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    I don't log my water because I drink out of 1.5l bottles which I drink 2-3 of per day.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    First of all you are on Day 4. 1 of the things you can expect is in the first month to see very little movement on the scale. Most of the weight loss happens in the second month. Expect to be tested physically, mentally and emotionally. I didn't look at your diary but I would say make sure you are eating enough to fuel your body, you will need it.

In the 63 days I did Insanity I lost 13 pounds and a whole bunch of inches. Dropped from a 39 inch waist to a 34 inch waist. Couldn't tell you in womens sizes because I was so uncomfortable in my own skin I didn't buy anything but men's pants. I can tell you thought I can fit a womens US size 12.

You will get out what you put in. If you bust your *kitten* every time I can assure you it will get smaller!

ETA: I didn't eat "clean" I did eat smart though. So this whole "you must eat clean" things is not completely accurate.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    How is Insanity not a "hardcore" workout?

I was dripping in sweat when I did it.

You get what you give. Push yourself.

Absolutely no one can tell you the numer of inches and lbs you will lose.

Good job getting back on track with healthy eating. Good luck to you and keep it up!
    Yeah, I was going to say, "What can you expect? To sweat a lot!"
  • Insanity786
    Insanity786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, anybody know any beachbody Uk coaches?

Need motivation and help.