Looking for friends to keep me going!

Options
Preikschas
Preikschas Posts: 37
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I have come on here a few times and searched for friends, added ppl, it went well at first but then I slowly faded out to the point where it doesn't matter that I haven't logged in for 3 months. I have lost over 60 lbs but gained it back... I am REALLY wanting to loose weight for a trip this winter and before I turn 30 in June. I want to say goodbye to my 20's and embrace my 30's as the most healthy I have ever been. I am having trouble getting that push. I lack something that makes me get going. I need some support and motivation. Anyone care to be that person? I am wanting to be accountable and also noticed when I slide, as well I want to give it back :)

Replies

• Bejazzledazzled
    Options
    Hi! I'll be your friend:-) I'm new here and I'd like some consistent support, too. I'm alloy like you...I'm going to Jamaica next year and I want to wow my bf of 3 years. I'm also going to be 28 soon and I want to go out of my 20s with a bang.
  • monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello...

I am always looking for new friends. I am not always perfect. Sometimes I go over on my calories, but I do have an open diary and try to log every day. It's not easy, but if you have a good support system with good friends it makes it a little easier.
  • adeverett2010
    Options
    Hi! I will be more than happy to be your (and anyone else's) friend! I too lost 60 pounds at one point and over the course of 5 years gained it back and then some.
  • DMTHope
    Options
    I am also looking for friends and consistent support. Count me in :smile:
  • DMTHope
    Options
    Hi, I'll take you up on the "and anyone else"...lol
  • LittleLinder
    LittleLinder Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this...I have a pretty good support group with my daughter and some others, but my daughter is very busy with nursing school and has 5 kids at home. I may be a slight bit older than you ladies (I'm 51) but I'm young at heart....ie I love all the new music, I love fashion especial "bling, bling" and I've been where you ladies are now. If you wouldn't mind an "oldie" in your group, I'de love to have you ladies as sounding boards and additional online support. I haven't lost any weight as of yet (it's only been 9 days) but I haven't gained any either. Would love some suggestions on how to take things up a notch.
  • heathersjourney
    Options
    You can add me :) I log daily and do my best to give motivation and support to everyone :)
  • 904Nikki
    Options
    Hi! Im looking for friends also and could use some motivation. Feel free to add me!
  • DarrenM11
    DarrenM11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be your friend... but my first advice is this; you cannot lose weight for a trip. You cannot lose weight for a wedding... you must lose weight for yourself. The great news is that your worth it. Remember: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
  • AmandaLloyd712
    AmandaLloyd712 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me! Kind of in the same boat!
    Just gettin back on track, and would love more friends for support who will actually pay attention as well!!
  • qpleasan
    qpleasan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and I'm looking to support and friend anyone that's has a similar goal as me. Get this weight off! Anyone can add me!
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Nix. I've been on MFP since June but didn't get into the social aspect of MFP till like 2 months ago. Since I did, I have never done better!! I love the accountability I feel to my friends and love checking out my newsfeed as often as I can. I suggest you haunt the forums and find as many people who have similar situations or goals. I personally think the more people you have as a support the better you will do.
    I like having friends who log daily and comment often. I am more than happy to accept all friend requests as long as you are serious about logging daily and commenting. Anyone who is.. feel free to add me and send me a lil message about you please! I find its easier you help support someone when they have told me a little about themselves. If you want to know all about me.. just go to my profile. I pretty much wrote a book! Hahahaaa! :) Welcome to MFP!
    Nix :flowerforyou:
  • Catie8192
    Catie8192 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. :) I've also quit for about five months on here. I'm trying it out again, but I seriously have zero motivation. I have to find some way to get motivated.
  • Preikschas
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great response!!! I have added all of you and together I hope we can keep each other motivated and support one another. Its never easy but with the right ppl it makes it better :)
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Shoot me an add! I will be a motivating and supportive fitness pal....and I am not afraid to call you out on your *kitten*! Heehee....well I try to be that person as that is what I look for in fitness pals as well....so yeah anyone who wants another friend-send your requests now ;o)
  • imurchia
    Options
    Hello. I would love to be added as a friend to give and recieve some support!!
  • weaving2fast
    weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm about as new as they come here but I'm finally wise enough to be accountable to myself. Hoping a few friends will keep me motivated. I've quit every diet I've ever been on thus explaining why I'm here again. So far I'm doing good but we'll see how it is going in a week!
  • mnardi123
    mnardi123 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can add me the more the merrier!
This discussion has been closed.