Looking for American football fans!

Options
MFP has been a great forum for fitness, and rarely have I shared aspects of my personal life. However, I am a dedicated football fan (college and the NFL) and I would love some fans who share that same passion.

I live in Louisville, Kentucky and am a University of Louisville fan. I attend most of the football and basketball games. I love college sports and this has been a great year for us in Louisville!

Since KY does not have professional teams, I am just a dedicated NFL fan. I love doing meal prep on Sundays with the games on. I do not have a team I solely root for, but enjoy the key matchups each week.

Add me! I do not mind a little smack talk.

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I love football. and I love Sundays, Mondays and now Thursdays :)
  • BabyNurseJen
    BabyNurseJen Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Being a huge Giants fan, I don't enjoy football this year quite like I usually do. :(
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Saints Fan!!!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE Auburn fan but I follow all of NFL and College football. I mean watching 20 hrs+ of football in a weekend is what fall is for! War Eagle!
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I watch redzone for 7 hrs every sunday.. I am a jets fan and will keep that game on in the kichen.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Football obsessed here! :)
    Cowboys!! :D
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Ravens fan here
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to admit this (because my teams STINK this year), but I love the Giants and Steelers. I am also happy to watch any football game at any time. I LOVE football!!!!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Watched the Lousiville v Rutgers game last night. Bridgewater and Copeland are looking solid.

I come from a big football family. I played for U of Utah back in the day, another brother played for U of Hawaii, and our little brother currently plays at BYU. (BTW, football is an AWESOME way to pay for school!) :)

My FF team sucks almost as much at the NY Giants this year, so I'm just enjoying the games in general. :) What a great time of year.
  • LittleAngelamj
    LittleAngelamj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love the Denver Broncos because I'm from Denver, and also the Dallas Cowboys...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

Being a huge Giants fan, I don't enjoy football this year quite like I usually do. :(

I can relate. Im a Chargers Fan.. But I am still enjoying the games. Although its pretty close to being called a blackout for monday nights game here in San Diego which let me just say Sucks Balls. Ugh. Who gets blacked out on Monday Nights?? Seriously. Chargers do.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Alabama Crimson Tide and Green Bay Packers..

My son is a huge Alabama fan, but he also likes to try to bet on who will win NFL games on Sunday.

My sons last Jr High football game was last week and I am a little sad its over, next year he will be playing High School Football!!
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I can relate. Im a Chargers Fan.. But I am still enjoying the games. Although its pretty close to being called a blackout for monday nights game here in San Diego which let me just say Sucks Balls. Ugh. Who gets blacked out on Monday Nights?? Seriously. Chargers do.

I'm A Chargers fan too! And even though we aren't looking pretty, I still enjoy it :) Hopefully it doesn't get blacked out!
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Not an American but I am a huge football fan, stay up all Sunday night to watch the games :-)
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    as my ticker shows, I bleed Razorback red and an avid SEC fan in general.....I've been a Dallas Cowboy fan since I knew what a football was...in my 20's, I lived in the Dallas area and frequented the Cowboys Sports bar where many players hung out and was partially owned by Tony Dorsett....needless to say I was in Cowboy heaven and once you get over the aww experience. Most players are really down to earth. Plus I've seen many nights back then when Michael Irvin would be sneaking into a flight attendants apartment near mine. I say sneaking but, he drove up and parked in his Mercedes with "PLYMAKR" license plate. If you didn't know, "Playmaker" was his nickname. This was pre-digital camera/phone era and pre-paparazzi era so, I wasn't able to profit from this. lol
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a big football family but I'm the little hockey rebel :heart:

That said I hope the Seahawks I grew up with finally win a Superbowl someday :smokin:
  • shonnaatch
    shonnaatch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Huge sports fan of all kinds...but LOVE both pro and college football as well as college basketball. I am a die hard Jayhawk through and through. Our football team is wretched...but I'm there every Saturday cheering them on! Also a huge Chiefs fan. Sitting at 5-0 and heading out to Arrowhead for the Raiders game Sunday. I've already tracked my tailgating calories because there is nothing like a tailgate at Arrowhead (especially since my husband does competition BBQ and has a comp this weekend - LEFTOVERS!). FINALLY, we Chiefs fans have a team to cheer for and our city is buzzing!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a big football family but I'm the little hockey rebel :heart:

That said I hope the Seahawks I grew up with finally win a Superbowl someday :smokin:

Huge Colts fan but I love watching the Seahawks, esp. their defense--I root for them when they don't play the Colts. Jim Harbaugh was the Colts qb in the past. Captain Comeback--so like to see the 49ers do well also.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    College: Go Tennessee Volunteers! Geaux Louisiana Tigers! And then any SEC team.

NFL: Go Saints, Ravens, and any Manning (even if he's thrown 15 interceptions in 6 games...).
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Go Colts!

(and I'll still cheer for Peyton, but I don't consider that cheering for the Broncos... the logic is a bit twisted)