I'm new too, 3rd day

Options
:bigsmile: todays my 3rd day..... a co-worker told me about this 'myfitnesspal' thing and i said'''' yeah yeah yeah, ive already been on every diet on earth, oh, theres a new one???: well, with it online and on my iphone, its almost like a game, i'm finding it actually fun!! of course, in the first 3 days i lost 7 lbs, so of course i'm excited!! I don't CARE if its water, its still gone!!! lol
I hope i can stick it out, i haven't had a chance to really get into it a lot, but i'm just starting to read to posts, so i'm sure i'll get a lot of good suggestions, recipes and tricks.............. wish me luck. I need to lose about 50 lbs, i'm 60 years old, work on my feet 10 hours a day and it would sure be nice to not have all this extra to carry around!!!!!! lol.....

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll love it here.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • angelsxzist
    angelsxzist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome silvercad. I haven't been here long either but I love it. It helps so much. I also have the app and I'm glad I do. You said "you hope you can stick it out". You CAN, you absolutely CAN with all of the support and motivation you are going to get in here. Good luck to you.:smile:
  • bevsalter
    bevsalter Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I Joined MFP the 10th of Sept,2010. I to have 50 pounds to lose, well 44 now. I have lost 10 pounds so far. I am excited about finding this site. I turned 62 in Sept. and I understand the working and on your feet 10 hours a day. I was there as well. would love to have you for my friend for a support person. I need all the help I can get. I am learning that some days I have the munchies and if I drink a bottle of water I get rid of the muchies. Good Luck and Welcome Aboard. :happy: