Feeling guilty

I am feeling guilty...I have been dieting for two months...been doing very very well, have been in a lot of situations when I was at an outing with very good food but I have kept it very healthy...I have even said no to ice cream and cake lots of times, we'll....I just got home from a friends wedding....I was the maid of honor was having a very good time..and..I decided to cave..I had a piece if cake...it is the first dessert or junk I have had....how horrible should I feel...

Replies

• SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    You shouldn't feel horrible at all. Food is fuel and shouldn't be a source of guilt.

This should be about finding a way of eating that is sustainable for life for you. Never eating a piece of cake or having a scoop of ice cream is completely unrealistic.
  • ajlandon
    ajlandon Posts: 115 Member
    No need to feel horrible - you were participating in an important celebration and enjoying yourself :)

Get back on the wagon tomorrow and proceed as usual. You will be fine.
  • ajlandon
    ajlandon Posts: 115 Member
    This should be about finding a way of eating that is sustainable for life for you. Never eating a piece of cake or having a scoop of ice cream is completely unrealistic.

QFT
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Not horrible at all. It was a wedding and you were the Maid of Honor. If ever there was a licensce to eat drink and be merry that's it.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    You shouldn't feel horrible at all. Food is fuel and shouldn't be a source of guilt.

Bingo. It's a wedding, there's cake. There will be more weddings (and birthdays and holidays and vacations and so on) and more cake. This is life. Great job eating healthy most of the time - this is what makes it awesome to enjoy cake the rest of the time. :bigsmile:
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    You know how "they" say that you should dress for the position/job you want? I kind of think along those lines about this whole process. I can't ever see ristricting myself in the long run so I have to learn, am learning, how to incorporate all the foods I love into my new routine. I see my future self eating steak, fried chicken, bacon, ice cream, pasta, cheeseburger, cheeseburger with bacon, did I mention bacon???? I beleive that is why 'this' time I have been more successful.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member

QFT

WHAT does QFT mean?? lol I am usually pretty good at figuring all the abbreviations out but this one has me stumped.

It's only a piece of cake, it's all good. Just go back to normal tomorrow :)
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member

QFT

WHAT does QFT mean?? lol I am usually pretty good at figuring all the abbreviations out but this one has me stumped.

It's only a piece of cake, it's all good. Just go back to normal tomorrow :)

Quoted For Truth
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    One piece of cake? Log it and be happy for your friend. Now if you had shoved the bride and groom out of the way and gone face-first into the cake, you might need to feel some guilt :tongue:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    seriously please take a moment and think about what you just posted. a piece of cake. seriously. omg. what are you going to do once you lose the weight. never eat cake again?
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    YOU ARE NOT DIETING!!!!!!! YOU ARE ON A LIFESTYLE CHANGE!!! People fail at diets everyday BUT when they change their lifestyles they succeed. That being said you need to eat like a skinny person and THEY EAT CAKE. Your new life is not about denial BUT it is about moderation. So rethink yourself---LIFESTYLE CHANGE!! You will always exercise and you will always watch what you eat BUT--you are allowed treats every now and then. Makes your journey so much easier.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    One piece of cake? Log it and be happy for your friend. Now if you had shoved the bride and groom out of the way and gone face-first into the cake, you might need to feel some guilt :tongue:
    haha, but that would be the most memorable hilarious moment... someday lol

Thank you LiminalAscend, it's been driving me crazy every time I see it!
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    You shouldn't feel guilty - but I understand why you do.

I feel guilty on the 'day' I don't work out..........I work out 6 days a week............if I have even one day where I see that red # that you've gone over your calorie allotment - it makes me feel ill..

Yeah, I know that's not healthy.....
  • darvin1023
    darvin1023 Posts: 52 Member
    (Imitating a voice of passive-aggressive mother): "YOU DO.... WHATEVAH YOU WANT!"

LOL. Nah for real though, Harleygroomer just said it.
  • gsdz4me
    gsdz4me Posts: 66 Member
    YOU ARE NOT DIETING!!!!!!! YOU ARE ON A LIFESTYLE CHANGE!!! People fail at diets everyday BUT when they change their lifestyles they succeed. That being said you need to eat like a skinny person and THEY EAT CAKE. Your new life is not about denial BUT it is about moderation. So rethink yourself---LIFESTYLE CHANGE!! You will always exercise and you will always watch what you eat BUT--you are allowed treats every now and then. Makes your journey so much easier.
    Agree with this. So well said.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Why feel guilty? There's room for all food, as long as you don't go nuts all of the time.

Confession - I had a piece of cornbread a couple of weeks ago.
  • jcmrax5
    jcmrax5 Posts: 133
    its a piece of cake. if your going to get all upset about one piece of cake then i dont think you have a healthy relationship with food. everything in moderation.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    It's not the 5th drink that bothers the alcoholic, it's the 1st. Don't be guilty. Just get back on track and don't let this mess you up.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Why do you think you should feel guilty about this?
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    You should feel 0% guilty. It was one piece!