Burger King - Satisfries

Options

Replies

• ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What a marketing ploy, a total waste of time if you ask me.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Burger King sucks... their chicken nuggets aren't bad but their fries are crap. I did see an ad for their new fries, and kind of just laughed. If I'm going to fast food JUST because I want fries, definitely either McDonalds or Wendys. I'm more into Taco Bell though ....mmmmmm
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I gave them a try. They taste better then their normal French Fries. Though they should replace them with these. Though they still don't have other better options like whole wheat rolls or a leaner fat % burger patty. The market is generally going in a healthier direction since other companies are putting out better products that would be somewhat okay if I'm in a rush and need food *wink* Chipotle *wink*.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Burger King sucks... their chicken nuggets aren't bad but their fries are crap. I did see an ad for their new fries, and kind of just laughed. If I'm going to fast food JUST because I want fries, definitely either McDonalds or Wendys. I'm more into Taco Bell though ....mmmmmm

Same, but my kids wanted Burger King lol. I only got fries there though.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I've tried them. They were a major upgrade from their regular kind and better/crispier than Ore-Ida's, but Mickey D's still has 'em beat.

Y'all act like putting fries in batter is some new evil scheme concocted by evil fast food joints for the purposes of evil evilness. Isn't anybody southern in here? Everybody down south knows that dipping fries in batter is the best way to make sure they end up crispy. I dip my sweet potato fries in egg whites for the same reason. Yummy.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    We stopped at a Burger King in Winnipeg while we were there yesterday and had the Canadian equivalent of Satisfries. They're called Gratifries for some reason. They do look like Ore Ida crinkle cut fries, but they were fairly tasty, not overly salted, and crispy without being greasy. If we lived near a BK I'd probably have them on occasion.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Same, but my kids wanted Burger King lol. I only got fries there though.

I've told my kids so many made up stories about how gross it is that they won't ask for it ;) haha now if only I could convince them Taco Bell is awesome... They are hooked on McDonalds(mainly for the stupid effin toys).
  • astitchinthyme
    astitchinthyme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I tried them last night...they were crinkled cut, crisp and not greasy. I actually liked them!
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Tried them! Bad! They won't last long on the menu.

My husband loves them, to each their own I guess!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I ate them on Tuesday. Still high calorie, but delicious! Crinkle cut fries are my favorite though, so I'm bias lol
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    you can try them free this weekend
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have not had fast food in MONTHS ON MONTHS!! lol I miss burger king fries so much! Like someone else said though, I would rather make them at home and just know what I am putting on them and such. :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    So are these like the Gratifries?
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    French fries cooked in batter? i never thought of that. How do you know if french fries are cooked in batter? I have bought fries and never have i seen anything that looked like it was coated with the same stuff they coat fried chicken. is it good?
  • NonnyMary
    Options
    No one cares about satisfries? :o

this is funny - i gotta mention this - on the message board, this is not a chat room.. haha i see a lot of people post a note and then 5 minutes later .. they wonder why no one answers them yet.. well its not a chat room, lol... just wondering if the OP was thinking she was going to get an answer in 2 minutes to her post :) I've seen this more than once here.
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    No one cares about satisfries? :o

No, but hello, beautiful! :laugh:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm staying in a Novotel hotel in Edinburgh tonight - went to the trouble of looking at the menu before going down to the restaurant and had decided to have the chicken salad. Got out of the lift beside restaurant and the fire alarm went off - 'everyone out'.
    'Out' was cold and raining (it tends to in Edinburgh) - the hotel is on an industrial estate. The only other thing on the industrial estate at night is Kentucky Fried Chicken. The entire population of the hotel walked over to KFC - yes, we succumbed.

I asked for a chicken wrap. "Do you want the meal"? No, just the wrap and a bottle of water. "But its the same price". I don't want any fries, just the wrap. "But you're losing out". That's the whole idea, I'm trying to lose weight. "I'll give you a corn cob instead". Ok, whatever........ The tray came out with the wrap, the corn cob AND the fries. KFC are determined to derail my diet - its a conspiracy. I asked her to remove the fries (yes reader, I really did!) and she said it was part of the meal. I explained that I'd been given a corn cob instead ....she had to check with her manager that it was OK to remove the fries from my tray.

MFP members, its a battlefield out there .......

:laugh: Well, if you would have asked to have the corn cob removed instead of the fries, she would've done it in the blink of an eye, of course!

I had the same thing happen to me at Taco Bell when the Fresco-style tacos came out--the counter lady kept insisting that I didn't want it without the cheese and sour cream and I just kept saying "yes, I do." You would have thought she had a commision riding on me getting the regular tacos or something.
  • NonnyMary
    Options
    oh over at Subway i asked them NOT to heat up the sandwich and they were so confused, they didn't know i was going to heat it at work. i swear they dont know how to go off the usual instructions!!!!
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I hate Burger King so I probably will not be eating these. I would rather go to Wendy's where I can at least trade the fries for a baked potato. I am not to fond of Wendy's new fries either. If I had to choose it would be Checkers/Rallys first then Arby's curly fries.

My first job was Checkers. Loved the fries, even though they get fried twice as part of the cooking process.

But the new BK fries? Had some yesterday as "I'm sick/comfort food". Got the value size and I actually like them. (Never cared for the normal BK fries).
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    "...the thinner batter..."

WTF? Since when did fries need a "batter"?!

THANK YOU!! I read this article last night and thought wtf? Batter on french fries? I wonder what awesome, totally natural and nutrient-rich ingredients this batter is made out of.
    The batter is obvious when you eat BK fries. Either McDonalds doesn't use batter, or it is so thin that is is not noticable.

Neither McDonalds nor Burger King use a batter (unless it's added when they get it in the restaurant). They are a standard 1/4" cut fry made out of real potatos.... and both made..... by the same place :wink: