new today

Options
hi everyone
i am a 63 yr old with a need to lose some weight. as everyone know our metabolism slows as we age. even though i exercise diligently everyday i still cannot lose this weight. my weight keeps going up an up an up.

Replies

• skinnyby823
    Options
    hi everyone
    i am a 63 yr old with a need to lose some weight. as everyone know our metabolism slows as we age. even though i exercise diligently everyday i still cannot lose this weight. my weight keeps going up an up an up.
  • Mtproject
    Mtproject Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, welcome, I am new also! It is hard isn't it? Can be done though! Just got to accept that it will just take longer and we are going to have to put in more effort than we did when we were younger. I am trying to get pyched for the challenge. I just have to get my "head" in the right place, I am hoping to get some inspiration and motivation from this wonderful web site!
  • radha_telagam
    radha_telagam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also joined today, one of my friends recommended this website and it looks like it has all the required tools..
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of you! I love this place and have become addicted hope you guys enjoy it:drinker:
  • kismetplayer
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great sight. I am 68 and I have been on here since the end of May and have lost 15 pounds, so you can do it too..
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    Options
    what type of exercise are you doing? Cardio or weight training?
  • skinnyby823
    Options
    I AM DOING BOTH CARDIO AND WEIGHT TRAINING. CARDIO 5-6 DAYS A WEEK AND WEIGHT TRAINING 2-3 DAYS A WEEK. I AM VERY FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN DOING THE CARDIO AND WEIGHTS FOR AT LEAST 15 YEARS. WHEN I STARTED I WAS ABOUT 125 LBS NOW I AM 154LBS AND IT IS NOT MUSCLE. I AM TIGHT BUT STILL OVER WEIGHT. I CAN'T GET THE FOOD INTAKE PART OF THE EQUATION.
  • skinnyby823
    Options
    CONGRATS. I HOPE I CAN GET THE SAME MOTIVATION TO REPORT A WEIGHT LOSS. I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED THE WII FIT, WHAT A INCREDIBLE USE OF TECHNOLOGY. THE WII FIT WILL MONITOR YOUR FITNESS AS YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE VARIOUS TYPES OF EXERCISE.
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    Options
    maybe you should see about going getting your body fat percentages checked. Finding out what the ratio of fatty tissue to muscle tissue is can really let you know what you're fighting against. From there you can determine what your real resting metabolic rate is and therefore map out your calorie intake.

sounds complicated but if you are a member of a gym, one of the trainers should be able to do that for you, or possibly get a referal from a physician.

Sounds like you are working out alot so I have a couple ideas besides the one above you may want to consider;
    a: are you doing the PROPER weight training ie sets and lbs of resistance
    b: are you balancing your calories corretly and eating six small meals a day
    c: if you can say you are doing all of the above correct, possibly check with a doctor and have yout thyroid checked.

any of this help?