Getting to that perfect size

Options
Hi all! I've been on the goal to a healthier life for the last 4 months. I've lost 24 pounds and my original goal of weighing 165 has been met. My secondary dream goal of 160 is approaching slowly.My question is...how do you get to be the size that is your ideal? I haven't been a size 10 in over 15 years. I'm in a 12 now and it's comfortable but I'm around my goal weight. I don't want to be too skinny and on my 5"10" frame if I lost down to 150 I think it would be too much. At the same time I would love to be a size 10. How do I know if a 12 is all that I will ever achieve? Part of my need to ask this question is the need for new clothes. I can't afford to go out and buy all new size 12 winter clothes and then have to buy new clothes again at a size 10 if more weight should drop as I continue. I haven't moved to Maintenance because of that dream of a size 10 that I have but I also don't see me getting in to a 10 if I only get down to 160. Sorry to drone on and on. I'm just at a loss and looking for any wise advice from experienced folks that know more than I do.

Replies

• iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You might be surprised at how the transition to maintenance goes-I ended up losing over 15lbs during the transition and went from my goal jean size of a six, to a current loose size two. This all happened after I called goal and tried to stop losing weight :tongue:
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of a weight goal you should just make a size 10 your goal? Whether that's 150, 157, or 160?
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't think the number on the scale or on the tag on your clothing should define how you feel. You should stop and think about what you feel like now, is there anything you're still unhappy with physically? Why are you unhappy with it? Are you comfortable in your clothes? Is your diet healthy? Are you able to exercise and keep your fitness levels high? Can you enjoy life and day to day without your weight getting in the way?

Whats so good about a size 10 compared to a size 12?

Can you look at yourself in the mirror and say 'Hey I look damn good' and actually own it?

If your profile pic is anything to go by I think you look fantastic and congratulations on losing 24pds!
  • Cutemisscoco
    Options
    I'm just going by a general appearance first and foremost and secondary a goal jean size.
  • KerryPozzi
    KerryPozzi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the very kind words. I am healthier and more fit than I've been in probably 20 years. I guess I need to get over that perfect size goal in my head. I just read about all these folks who are a size 6, 8 or 10 and somehow turned that in to my ideal. I need to re-evaluate. :smile:
  • kjm_723
    kjm_723 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" also and just bought a pair of size 12 jeans and I am THRILLED!! I think I look great, so of course you must look great too :) Funny thing is I weigh 178, isn't it weird how two people who are the same height and size can be such different weights? I carry a lot of weight in my legs though and a lot of size 12 pants don't fit my giant calves so that's probably why I weigh more. Anyway, size 12, size 10 it doesn't really matter. I would recommend waiting to buy clothes till you're certain you're in maintenance, until then shop clearance!