I eat 1700+ and lost weight, real results

Options

Replies

• xerothermic
    Options
    Around 2200cals a day with a 2900cal refeed once a week and in a cut at the moment
    ETA:5 8"-5 9", I am not tall.

VTQwwgZ.jpg

zQpUzKn.jpg

Cheese and rice. You have amazing definition. I'm showing this to my boyfriend (who is a ridiculous fitness nut, but still eats McDonalds and can't understand why he is stronger but not defined).
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say your success story was one of the ones that really convinced me of the importance of lifting. thank you for being such a BAMF. that is all. :flowerforyou:
  • TheSlorax
    Options
    Around 2200cals a day with a 2900cal refeed once a week and in a cut at the moment

VTQwwgZ.jpg

zQpUzKn.jpg

Cheese and rice. You have amazing definition. I'm showing this to my boyfriend (who is a ridiculous fitness nut, but still eats McDonalds and can't understand why he is stronger but not defined).

wha? by all means show him that but I believe you are missing the point. lol.
  • xerothermic
    Options

VTQwwgZ.jpg

zQpUzKn.jpg

lol No, I get the point, but I'm gonna be manipulative and use it to show that you can get that definition and still get the calories from veggies too. I know, I'm horrible. I just hate the smell that McDs leaves in the car!! Every. Damn. Day.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

VTQwwgZ.jpg

zQpUzKn.jpg

umm....I don't understand what you are saying. There are defined guys that eat fast food now and again...Have you met Sidesteel or DavPul? :huh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

lol No, I get the point, but I'm gonna be manipulative and use it to show that you can get that definition and still get the calories from veggies too. I know, I'm horrible. I just hate the smell that McDs leaves in the car!! Every. Damn. Day.

Oh.

Maybe just tell him you don't like the smell?
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to eat small amounts of boiled chicken and broccoli.

By "vegetables and lean proteins" I really meant "cram as much cottage cheese/vegetables/tofu/chicken/beans/whatever as possible into a bowl, and don't forget to hit the dessert bar on your way out. Unless it's pizza day, in which case, pizza." Ah, college cafeterias.
  • TheSlorax
    Options

so I don't really know what the **** I am talking about, but I'm fairly certain "definition" shows up at a low enough body fat % and that has more to do with a caloric deficit than what type of food he's eating. although maybe I am missing your point?
  • xerothermic
    Options
    umm....I don't understand what you are saying. There are defined guys that eat fast food now and again...Have you met Sidesteel or DavPul? :huh:

Nope, I haven't. But I hear you saying that they eat it every now and again, not every day. And I was being a bit hyperbolic in my statement. I meant it as a compliment and not putting down or diminishing the thought of ever eating fast food (or anything like that for that matter).
  • Achrya
    Options

By "vegetables and lean proteins" I really meant "cram as much cottage cheese/vegetables/tofu/chicken/beans/whatever as possible into a bowl, and don't forget to hit the dessert bar on your way out. Unless it's pizza day, in which case, pizza." Ah, college cafeterias.

No worries, that wasn't about you. More just exposing my views on life in general; really I was agreeing with the manner in which you eat. Lean protein, veggies, and hey maybe I'll have this donut.

Well not a donut. I don't like donuts.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

No worries, that wasn't about you. More just exposing my views on life in general; really I was agreeing with the manner in which you eat. Lean protein, veggies, and hey maybe I'll have this donut.

BLASPHEMY!! :laugh: :tongue:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I wish these topics got as many views as the "look how much weight I've lost through borderline anorexia!" ones..

I try to be optimistic about it; If every "I eat a reasonable amount and lost!" thread gets 1 or 2 people who go 'Hey, that seems like a good idea' then all is right in the world.

thingsItellmyselftomaintainfaithinhumanity

That's what got me to change my methods when I first started. I started learning stuff, increased calories from 1200, and never looked back.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

^Agreed and Achrya is one hot smokin' babe! :love:
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options

To be honest, ice cream > doughnuts any day of the week :-)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread.

I generally eat 1500 (lazy day) and 2000+ on active days. Over all my average calories consumed is between 1800 and 2000.
    I'm 5'4.5"
    Started using MFP @ 218lbs (march 13, 2013)
    Currently: 167.4lbs
    Estimated BF% (scale)*: 33%

my last progress pics:
    2q8y3w6.jpg
    2jb9nrr.jpg
    From a 10 week challenge I participated in:
    2u6lqg0.jpg
    Halloween Costume:
    2lk2lbr.jpg
  • Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yay food! I've been eating somewhere around 1600-1900 every day and I've lost about 50 lbs. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to post some damn pictures. Excellent job OP! :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Options
    Yay food! I've been eating somewhere around 1600-1900 every day and I've lost about 50 lbs. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to post some damn pictures. Excellent job OP! :drinker:

It's [ i m g] picture url [/ i m g] without spaces
  • Achrya
    Options

:blushing: Why thank you.

Donuts are still gross though.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

:blushing: Why thank you.

Donuts are still gross though.

colbert-were-not-friends.gif

:tongue:
  • Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options

It's [ i m g] picture url [/ i m g] without spaces

Let me rephrase that, someday I won't be lazy and I'll post pictures. :tongue: