:blushing: Why thank you.

Donuts are still gross though.

colbert-were-not-friends.gif

:tongue:

This and I need to get some pics together today :D I likey my friends
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I wish these topics got as many views as the "look how much weight I've lost through borderline anorexia!" ones..

Yes, this. I'm eating 1600-1800 and lifting heavy a few days a week. I've never been significantly overweight, just a little squishier than I wanted to be, but I've definitely lost fat, gained strength and "toned" up over the last several months of this. I'm 5'5", 150 lbs. My weight hasn't changed more than a few lbs since I started. About a year ago, I was trying on size 10 in most clothes (should have been a 12 in some things, but I was in denial about that-if the 10 didn't fit, I just didn't bother), now I'm an 8 in most things, sometimes a 6 or even a 4.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3" tall
    Starting weight: 221
    Weight lost by eating 1200 calories: 33 lbs
    Weight gained back when started eating normal again: 20 lbs
    Starting weight AGAIN: 208
    Current weight 153
    Caloric intake: no less than 1700, up to 2300-2500/day
    Maintaining and still losing now for over a year!

ETA: and I have hypothyroidism, you know, that medical condition that keeps you from losing weight. And yet here I am...

g6o4.jpg
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It's refreshing to see people eating and losing! It is how I lost mine too. .Awesome job to you all:flowerforyou:
    You can EAT and lose-Starving is just punishment;-)
  • singha99
    singha99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    FANTABULOUS!!! Congratulations on your hard work and dedication =)
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ok, help me out here....I'm 5'3", 149#. My sedentary TDEE is just under 1700, lightly active is 1800. So if I ate 1700 calories I would maintain. I've been eating 1400, eating all my exercise calories back, & exercising 6 days a week. It's taken me 2 months to lose 5 pounds. What is the difference between you & me?
  • compass172
    compass172 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you to the OP and everyone who shared on this post. I tried the 1200 calorie approach early this year and I was literally sick, had hair coming out (more than usual), and even started getting canker sores in my mouth. It was awful!

I also noticed that when I went back to a more restrictive routine, 1400-1500, based on fear of not losing, or letting the calorie nazis get to me- I stalled out majorly. The longest rut was the entire month of July.

I recently was sticking to 1800ish on days I had my major workouts and 1500 on days that I work two jobs (no time for a real workout), and I was losing- but very slowly and I had no energy and was hungry often. I realized that eating below BMR (total, not net) on any day, regardless of activity level, is ridiculous. I now have my BMR as my bare minimum gross calorie intake on my less active days and will adjust accordingly on my major workout days.

It really is a mind f@#k for people like me who have been heavy since childhood, to realize we need to be taking in *more* calories, not less. Especially with all of the torture and shame we received growing up about our weight and assumed eating habits. Countless times in my younger life I was told I would be pretty *if* I lost weight. What do you think that causes a teenager/young adult to do? It creates a horrible relationship with ourselves and food.

Now that I am a bit older and embracing not only who I am but my body and what it is capable of, I feel so much better about all of it. I look forward to cooking fresh healthy meals and do everything I can to afford nutritious food on a tiny budget.

Congratulations to everyone on their successes so far, and here is to the future achievements!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread.

I generally eat 1500 (lazy day) and 2000+ on active days. Over all my average calories consumed is between 1800 and 2000.
    I'm 5'4.5"
    Started using MFP @ 218lbs (march 13, 2013)
    Currently: 167.4lbs
    Estimated BF% (scale)*: 33%

my last progress pics:
    2q8y3w6.jpg
    2jb9nrr.jpg
    From a 10 week challenge I participated in:
    2u6lqg0.jpg
    Halloween Costume:
    2lk2lbr.jpg
    WOOT!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Ok, I decided to add a photo after all. I went from about 217 to 167 and I'm about 5'5". I eat somewhere between 1600 and 1900 every day.

6c9d07b3-c8df-4669-8a0e-2c541fc51345_zpsd5bb9aa4.jpg

Edited a couple times because the photo wouldn't fit.
    you are a stunning woman...keep up the good work.
  • FierceV_Phat
    FierceV_Phat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump:smile::smile:
  • cem614
    cem614 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I genuinely love this thread. Great job everyone!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    One time I lost my 12 pounds netting 2000 and eating exercise calories. I'm 5'9".

20127619_6124.jpg

20127619_7924.jpg
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm in the club too!

Very nice job! Great for you for losing the weight!

I'm 5'3 and was 123 when started losing and I'm now at 116.5 5 weeks after I started.

I eat around 1500-1700 calories a day too

You just lost water weight or a big poo. LOL!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    good for you!

remember-everyone's TDEE is different so using that method (like I do) means some peoples calories will be lower.
  • Flab2Thin
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • GolfBird1
    Options
    Height: 5'3" tall
    Starting weight: 221
    Weight lost by eating 1200 calories: 33 lbs
    Weight gained back when started eating normal again: 20 lbs
    Starting weight AGAIN: 208
    Current weight 153
    Caloric intake: no less than 1700, up to 2300-2500/day
    Maintaining and still losing now for over a year!

ETA: and I have hypothyroidism, you know, that medical condition that keeps you from losing weight. And yet here I am...

g6o4.jpg

^^^^ This. Well done! I also have hypothyroidism and have given up smoking. I'm not long into this, but I have seen sense and am trying to eat back my calories burned - when I do I am eating between 1700 and 1800 calories gross a day (I have 42 lbs to lose as I was creeping up to the 13 stone mark!!) - I am losing atm and am chuffed to bits.

Well done all you people, this is the way to go!
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    fairy-tail-40809451.jpg?w=645

Thanks, Chelle! As always, you are very inspirational. When I grow up, I want to be just like the girls who lift heavy! :wink:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Why be miserable when you don't have too. Great job everyone
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :smile: