Do you ever just not feel like eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• TonyCrux89
    Options
    I'm not eating right now. Only because I over ate yesterday.
  • upscalelifedownscalebutt
    Options
    Yes. Everyday. I eat anyways.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    try and eat roughly 3 hours :)

they tell you to eat breakfast to get your motabolism going, and then by eating those every 3 hours it keeps it going (burning fat) throughout the hole day!!

This has been proved to not be the case many times but if its working for you then great!

I have days like that yes. Don't worry too much.
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Everybody has days where they're either completely in love with food, or completely disgusted by it. At least, almost everyone.

Try eating small, nutritious yet calorie-dense things, like peanut butter. Or protein. My go-to meal when I'm not feeling hungry but know that I should eat is tuna with low calorie mayo, pickles, and a hardboiled egg smashed in.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Only if I'm depressed or emotional about something. I really love food.

I'm another one who eats every 3 hours I'm awake. I try to avoid actually getting hungry because that's when I run into problems.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Well... I've been put under general anesthesia a couple times...
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I only get that way if i'm stressed or very very depressed.

I haven't been eating as much the past few days because of stress & lack of sleep.

I hope to get back on track soon though.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I get why...I'm starving myself and my body is holding onto fat.

No, that's not why - if you starve yourself you will lose weight, guaranteed.

Mostly likely answer is you are eating more than you think you are.
  • Trarbach
    Options
    Yes I notice not wanting to eat,before this trend of mood it rarely existed . Prior history of my eating habits when there was no structure to my time and format of my meals, I just ate for the sake of mood or desire ,that meant I was hungry many times a day,almost ravenously. Now that I'm consistent,level minded towards food almost to a clinical approach where food is just fuel source and not a desire ,I will have bouts of wanting nothing after breakfast . So I do what to break the tendency....I eat a healthy high fat food,1 to 2 oz of walnuts or almonds or a 2 oz block of cheese ... It triggers me back into a normal pattern quite easily . It doesn't bother me that my enjoyment isn't tied into my taste buds,instead food is tied into what my internal organs,brain and skin NEEDS and I recognize it daily,even hourly subliminally .
    :) That's how I never went back to the 200-260 lb me from 1990 to 2004 era.
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well... I've been put under general anesthesia a couple times...

That made me crack up.
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Only if I'm depressed or emotional about something. I really love food.

I'm another one who eats every 3 hours I'm awake. I try to avoid actually getting hungry because that's when I run into problems.

Yes, if I'm really upset then I won't eat at all.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Never.