going from point a to point b

Options
I usually ask questions on my wall.. but I think I needed to talk to the masses about this.

A little background on me. currently 209 lbs. 5"7.. was 221 in May 2013. 32 years old..no kids.. etc..
goal for my 33rd birthday in April 2013. to see 179 on the scale or less. I told my personal trainer this at my gym.. and he said.. lizz. you can do better. REALLY? I got really irked because he knew where I started from.. and how long it took me to get to this point.
5-6 lbs a month... I think that is a pretty good and achievable loss considering I'm only losing 2-3 lbs a month now. Which is where I need help.
Ladies who have been around 205-210 lbs, what is/was your calorie consumption/macros/ did you follow a tdee plan?.. eat back your calories?
I need to invest in a hrm when my funds get back in order. But i typically do 45 minutes of gym based cardio/running intervals 4-5 days a week and 2 days of strength training at the gym.
Soo with all that being said. Weekends I don't typically track because I go to my boyfriends on the weekend(ldr) and I like my craft beer. but monday-friday. I try to stay around 1650-1700 calories.. netting 1230 or so? ( after workout days)

(take a look at my food diary if you want too.

Also,I feel like the scale should move down more frequently/my jeans should be getting bigger.. and their not at this stage of the game. The scale is a bad indicator of how my body has changed.. I have taken measurements since May.. but nothing drastic has changed besides I see my collar bones..and my thighs are more toned. :) yay for that.

so point a is 209.4 lbs... and point b is 179 or less.
April 30 th 2014.
that is my goal.
any words of encouragement/ideas/ tips/etc... would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Start tracking on the weekends. That should help considerably.
  • dumparump
    dumparump Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing. And when you can't, push harder. When you do, push for more.
  • Krissy563
    Krissy563 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing great - slow and steady wins the race. Just keep on keeping on and you'll get there. Don't get hung up on hitting a certain number by a certain date, but it seems you are losing consistently. So don't give up! :) I do agree that it's important to log log log - this includes weekends, just so you are at least aware of what you're eating. Seeing the numbers written down may help you make different choices (such as, if you know you're going out to dinner/drinks on Saturday, maybe that's not the day to have a donut for breakfast).
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    yes, weekend tracking needs to start occurring. I just feel like its pointless at times food wise. I will log my running/gym time on the weekend, and if I know ahead what I'm eating drinking that day, I will choose a lighter breakfast etc.
    thanks for the responses so far. I have a family baby shower so I won''t be around the rest of the day.

Check back later tonight/tomorrow!!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    5-6 lbs a month is awesome! Can you do better? Maybe, maybe not. Personally, my thought is why ruin a good thing? You're losing at a sustainable rate. Keep it up!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You have a good thing going then you blow a lot of it on the weekend. Makes no sense except that you aren't gaining from your weekends because of the weekly deficit. I agree with your trainer, you could do a lot better if you paid more attention to your diet. At your weight 2 or 3 lbs a month really isn't much.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    If you are happy with your current eating plan, watching calories closely and working out during the week, but choose to not log/track on the weekends, it is hard to know what your true calorie intake is, but it is working at a rate that seems consistent.

Two to three pounds a month, eating what you want on the weekends, sounds like a fair trade off!! If you want the weight loss to increase, then by logging what you eat/drink can help considerably!! It can also help you be aware of where you can possibly cut back without feeling deprived!!