Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown

Options
Has anyone done the Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown? I'm trying to find an estimated calories burned.....and I'm coming up short. I don't have a heart rate monitor to do the math myself, but I think an estimate would be fair....It's a great workout, but MFP says the 30 minutes of "yoga" burns 70 calories....and I know it burns more than that!

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but in your situation I would probably take the amount of calories yoga burned, then the amount of calories that low-impact aerobics burn, and then average the two. I have a ballet video that I counted as pilates until I used my HRM to gauge it and it was only a little lower than a low-impact aerobics range.

Edit to add: Or you could just use the yoga amount and know you've done more. I guess it's better to underestimate than overestimate!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Double post...
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Mine vary between 350-450 depending on what day and how much effort I put into it.
    I'm 137 lbs.
    Steph
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    For Level 1 I get 34 minutes for about 159 calories burned. My Polar HRM (with chest strap) is pretty accurate. I would say double what the MFP database gives you for traditional yoga and go with that.
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think 215 is reasonable Jillian has a facebook page ask her how much it burns.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! That was fast with the responding! :)
    I guess a better indicator is that my thigh muscles are still a bit quivery....SO, I know I'm working the fat out of my body! ha ha ha!
    I'm estimating 224 calories (based on adding the low impact aerobics and yoga)....
  • Speedangel109
    Speedangel109 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just purchased this dvd from Sam's Club and I LOVE IT. I was just attempting to add it to my excercises. the 224 that you are estimating is that for both level 1 & 2?

Thanks
    Angel
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I burn 350 calories per workout (I normally do them back to back and get 700 calories out of it).

Then again I'm a 6' guy, 205 lbs.
  • ktori130
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem!! I would assume that the mixture of yoga and plyometric repetition would really boost the calorie burn. I would love to know how much!
  • bluemoon1230
    Options
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned-yoga-vigorous is a good site. I weigh 105lbs and it says I only burn 95 cal. Sucks that once you weigh less, you burn less. But calories in add up the same!
  • kmd37
    kmd37 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just finished Level 2 (only), and I burned 94 calories. I'm 5'2", 133 lbs, female. Using a Polar FT4 HRM with chest strap.