Does anyone else look at calories like currency?

Options
james6998
james6998 Posts: 743 Member
My wife and i had a good giggle about this the other day. We talk about our calories like its money. "No way i am spending 320 calories on a 1/4 cup of nuts thats a rip off" I was just curious if anyone else has adapted this type of mindset with their calories. Its so bad even that sometimes if i measure something i will cut a bit of it off to make it less but still charge the same weight to count the calories, i call it tipping hehe.

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    nope
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    yep. I do that. I always try to 'save' some for wine at the weekends :)
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    No, since I usually have too much in the calorie account and not enough in the currency account. But I see what you mean,
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Yes. And I even talk about budgeting calories for something I want to eat later. :laugh:
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    yep. I do that. I always try to 'save' some for wine at the weekends :)

Like this. Exactly.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    lol ya, i am always saying. "thats way too expensive!"
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Daily... Quite sad actually
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I do a lot, but I'm trying to get away from that and have my choices be more natural based on my life style, rather than trying to balancing a calorie book.
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    Yes!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Definitely!!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    hahaha, I do! But I also often will mix up the price of something with the calories in it - I know this is really strange - but I eat pretty much the same foods every week, so i will grab a protein bar that I remember costs 1.88 and think it has 188 calories in it.....it's weird, I know.
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hadn't realized I was doing this but I really do........... 'it's too expensive' , ' that's cheap for a such a big meal', 'I can't afford that' and even 'I haven't spent enough' are all thoughts that run through my head. :bigsmile:
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Now that you've made me think about it!
    Yes!!! Stick the budget!!:laugh:
  • CitizenMichael
    CitizenMichael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Me too, I'd rather not eat something if it's going to cost me too much
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My wife and i had a good giggle about this the other day. We talk about our calories like its money. "No way i am spending 320 calories on a 1/4 cup of nuts thats a rip off" I was just curious if anyone else has adapted this type of mindset with their calories. Its so bad even that sometimes if i measure something i will cut a bit of it off to make it less but still charge the same weight to count the calories, i call it tipping hehe.

I do that, too.
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes! My husband thinks its funny b/c every now and then I slip up and say whether or not I can afford to eat a food.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Yep. I 'spend' my calories either on nutrition or enjoyment (preferably both at once). If it's not contributing to my nutrition goals and/or enjoyable, it's wasted calories. That's why I don't drink soda any more - not because I think it's 'bad for me', just because I don't enjoy it enough to use calories for it that could otherwise go to ice cream.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    all the time. always looking for the best bang for my buck.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else look at calories like currency?

All the time and I never have enough of either to make me happy.