UGHHHH

Options
Would you guys mind looking at my food diary? I haven't lost anything in over a month and I'm getting very frustrated. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want more support! Please be honest with my diary. This week I tried varying my calories throughout the week, so some days are higher calories than lower. I try to change things up so my body doesn't get used to eating the same amount every day. Thank you for your help!!

Replies

• p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight, your not eating at a deficit. Period. That's it.

You have a lot of measurements by "cups" and "1/8 pot". You need to firstly make sure that the recipes are right, and then (most importantly) enter amounts by weight.

Did you lose weight prior to this month? What were you doing then that was different?

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    How many calories does MFP say you should eat a day? I don't know how much you weight or how active you are so any input at this point would be moot.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of going from hight and lower on different days. Just stick to one or the other. I stick to the same calories macros for months on end. If your changing up and down all week, to me it makes it hard to see what might be going wrong.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Do you have something against fruit and vegetables? Try carrots, celery, etc. give your body something to work on. Six small meals a day work for me.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale, weigh everything.
    Make sure your calories are calculated for your current weight.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    From the few days I looked at you were at ~1,300 (just under) - so you SHOULD be losing something. However, I noticed that you're eating fast foods (Dunkin Donuts, Mc Donalds) and those calorie counts can be very futile. You have to wonder if they're taking excess grease from the skillet into account, the amount of condiments used, etc. Those are just estimates based on the general way that those meals are served. You won't be going too much over, but your sodium intake must be pretty intense eating fast food. It could be water weight you're holding onto. I once went on a 1,300 calorie per day diet. I was starving and ate bacon, egg and cheese muffins routinely. I GAINED weight. Come to find out, bacon grease has a ton of calories and salt. I wasn't doing anything to flush that water out of myself.

Oh, you might also be confusing your body. One day you're high, one day you're low. Your body might be like "FFFFFFFFFFF I better store all of this because tomorrow she is going to starve me." I'd stick within a 100 calorie range difference and let your body adjust.
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    you calories a very up and down. I would eat your recommended MFP has set every day. Also Eat more fruit & veg and less processed foods.
  • angels03
    angels03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am probably the last person to help~cause I am barely starting back up today, but I noticed you dont drink water? (or maybe you just dont log it)~and eat a lot of carbs. Try cutting some of the carbs, not all, and drinking more water~
    Also couldnt help but notice the Wegmans foods!! I live in Los Angeles now, but I am from upstate and miss Wegmans...
  • peachcats
    Options
    buy a food scale, measuring cups are an inaccuarate way to measure foods.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Would you guys mind looking at my food diary? I haven't lost anything in over a month and I'm getting very frustrated. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want more support! Please be honest with my diary. This week I tried varying my calories throughout the week, so some days are higher calories than lower. I try to change things up so my body doesn't get used to eating the same amount every day. Thank you for your help!!

Your food diary is too inconsistent to make an educated guess on what might be wrong. You eat a lot of processed flour ( cereal, crackers, fast food wraps and sandwiches ) not enough healthful protein, apart from a couple of bananas no fruit or vegetable, too many " quick calories " which most people under estimate.
    Changing the amount of calories from day to day will give you zero information, because the body/metabolism does not work like a clock. I would suggest that you figure out a healthy deficit, eat a balanced diet ( does not have do be all organic whole food ), log consistently well measured foods for a month and even if you chose to not exercise a lot or at all, there should be a loss.
    Also, what is " 1/8 pot of chicken stew ". I checked the Spark recipes and could not find it, but am very suspicious of those kinds of measurements. Also a two bar KitKat weight 6 grs ? That is not even a tiny bite. I know often we just log whatever we find in the date base without even thinking and I would suggest that you log off the package/wrapper and do your own math instead of copying from other people's data base entries.. You most likely will be much more accurate. One tip: if you look for items add USDA to your search. This will usually give the right amount.....maybe not with sweets or junk, but with meal ingredients it will.
    Good Luck !
  • whitnm76
    Options
    Thank you guys for the great feedback! I sometimes go to McDonalds to get their egg white sandwich in the morning when I don't have time to make something. Maybe I can try going once every other week and making breakfast sandwiches for the week and freeze them. I see what some of you are saying about eating cereal. I try to find something quick in the a.m. when I"m running low on time. That's why I eat Kashi bars and what not. I'm going to work on eating less processed foods. Also, the reasons why I cycle my cals to different numbers a day is bc I read a lot of research and read some articles from well known trainers saying that after you eat the same calories for a while, your body gets used to the cals your eating. SO they suggest that you switch up your cals from day to day to keep your body guessing.