I eat 1700+ and lost weight, real results

Options

Replies

• georgesanchez7737
    georgesanchez7737 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I wish these topics got as many views as the "look how much weight I've lost through borderline anorexia!" ones..

Kind of shows you the overall mentality...which is scary.

+1

+2,

did 3 weeks of about 500-1000 net, did not loose a OZ, started to loose stamina and power, mood started to decline and put on water weight, now for the last 4 days I been neting 2000-3000 and my weight is back to the lowest and all is getting better. I bought a HRM t make sure I get more accurate exercise cals and will stick to this for a month!! lets net calories can mean "starvation" mode and a lot of bad hormonal reactions!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Wow! All you ladies look fantastic! I dream someday I will be having results like you all!

This thread gives me hope. I was only eating around 1100-1200 calories for a while and gaining weight. Mind you I didn't weigh and measure everything like I do now, so who knows (I am pretty good at estimating though). I now try to eat 2000 calories a day and that includes breastfeeding and doing the 30ds, but if I do extra exercise I will try to eat that back (I have low milk supply so I need to make sure I eat enough). It has been 2.5 weeks since I started eating more and I haven't lost a pound yet. But you ladies give me something to look forward to!

And the thing is by starting high you can always tweak a little lower if it's not working. I've gone as high as 1900+ and found it wasn't going the way I wanted so I gradually moved back down until I got to a place where I was happier. When you start high you have lots of room to decrease if you stall or it's not right.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I have a suggestion that can help folks visualize what their calorie goals will be when they are through. It's how I came up with the number I used last time to lose weight.

In a TDEE calculator, put in your goal weight and your goal activity level. If you are statistically average, you know you will be eating somewhere in that ballpark to maintain once you get there.

My lean mass had me still losing past that, so mine was actually higher than it said, but notice how high the number is, really. It shouldn't be some incredibly low number, and you don't want to encourage your body to get used to taking in too too far different than the number it shows should be your maintenance level at goal, imho.
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Havn't read the whole thread. But you ladies that posted pics are awesome.. Absolutely freaken awesome. And Thankyou for showing me that you dont have to be 23 to look smoking hot. You rock. :) Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow! All you ladies look fantastic! I dream someday I will be having results like you all!

This thread gives me hope. I was only eating around 1100-1200 calories for a while and gaining weight. Mind you I didn't weigh and measure everything like I do now, so who knows (I am pretty good at estimating though). I now try to eat 2000 calories a day and that includes breastfeeding and doing the 30ds, but if I do extra exercise I will try to eat that back (I have low milk supply so I need to make sure I eat enough). It has been 2.5 weeks since I started eating more and I haven't lost a pound yet. But you ladies give me something to look forward to!

And the thing is by starting high you can always tweak a little lower if it's not working. I've gone as high as 1900+ and found it wasn't going the way I wanted so I gradually moved back down until I got to a place where I was happier. When you start high you have lots of room to decrease if you stall or it's not right.

Very true. Although I can't go down yet as my son nurses 4-5 times a day.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hello, My Lovely -

I admit...TL;dr. I read your first post. I don't care about the rest . . . .also, by this point, pretty sure someone is being a jerk. You know who you are. :angry:

You are beautiful and a great role model. I also have lost on 1800-2000 with little exercise.

Eat the foodz.

Drink the drinks.

That is all.

Actually, no, no jerks here.
    They're busy preaching & getting other threads locked.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. 1600 is a perfect calorie goal for a 5'11 woman, losing weight!! Great job.

I eat 1600 to 1900 depending on my day.

I am 5'11 and am 42 years old.

Before
    47819967_2825.jpg
    47819967_2220.jpg

after....or i guess you could say during
    47819967_3434.jpg
    47819967_9018.jpg
    47819967_9445.jpg

Oh, and in the top pics I was around 235 and 222
    and in the bottom pics I am between 185 and 187

I dont know my body fat...i dont really care...just intend to keep kicking *kitten*.

I always feel like it gets much warmer in the room when you come through. What's that about?

/fans self

I'm 5'4.5" and I eat between 1600-2200 calories a day. I'm sorry for my imperfection.

OMG!!! You look so hot!!!!!
  • atlchc8
    atlchc8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Before
    47819967_2825.jpg
    47819967_2220.jpg

47819967_3434.jpg
    47819967_9018.jpg
    47819967_9445.jpg

I dont know my body fat...i dont really care...just intend to keep kicking *kitten*.

Great job! You definitely don't look 42!
  • LauriTerrell
    LauriTerrell Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump... I definitely need to do some research... thanks for posting!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Yay!! This thread is full of awesome!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hello, My Lovely -

I admit...TL;dr. I read your first post. I don't care about the rest . . . .also, by this point, pretty sure someone is being a jerk. You know who you are. :angry:

You are beautiful and a great role model. I also have lost on 1800-2000 with little exercise.

Eat the foodz.

Drink the drinks.

That is all.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:
  • suprzonic
    suprzonic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ok, help me out here....I'm 5'3", 149#. My sedentary TDEE is just under 1700, lightly active is 1800. So if I ate 1700 calories I would maintain. I've been eating 1400, eating all my exercise calories back, & exercising 6 days a week. It's taken me 2 months to lose 5 pounds. What is the difference between you & me?

I'm feeling your frustration! perhaps you could look into a metabolism reset/check? If you can handle not dieting for a little while, it could help you out in the long term.

Try to find your maintenance level (tweaking TDEE cals til you hit your real maintenance levels) and keep the same weight for a few weeks.

then drop 20% off your maintenance cals .... *fingers crossed* .... after that - you'll be on the road to fat loss nirvana ;)
    Scooby's calculator suggests you re-calculate your TDEE every time you lose 2kg ... others do it once a month ... just more trial and error territory

Best of luck!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Uh, you look amazing. :happy: Hi.
  • mel_2812
    mel_2812 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nice pictures I see here!! :)

I'm 5'3''
    3 years ago, I lost 45 lbs by eating 1200 calories.
    Went from 195 to 150.
    Started eating normal again and July 15 2013, the scale was showing me 183 :(

Re-started the weight loss process and here is what I do now:

-Eat anywhere between 1600-2000 calories per day (lots of veggies, a bit of fruits,lean meat, healthy fats, POPCORN!!!, etc).
    -Gym 3 to 4 times per week (45 minutes cardio, 45 minutes strenght training each session).
    -On my days off the gym, I will go walking, biking, etc.
    -6 to 8 glasses of water per day No juice, only plain water...I was drinking 1-2 glass of diet soda per day, now, it's 1 glass every week/2 weeks.

This morning, I was at 173.2...progress is slow, but I have more energy, feeling better and starting to enjoy this new way of living...

I have PCOS too...but I am still losing the weight! :)

Here is my before (July 2013) and current (last week)...I can start to see a small change...remember, there's only about 9 lbs difference between the pictures:

Juillet-Octobre_face.jpg

Juillet-Octobre.jpg

Juillet-Octobre_side.jpg
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wish these topics got as many views as the "look how much weight I've lost through borderline anorexia!" ones..

I try to be optimistic about it; If every "I eat a reasonable amount and lost!" thread gets 1 or 2 people who go 'Hey, that seems like a good idea' then all is right in the world.

thingsItellmyselftomaintainfaithinhumanity
    If it makes you feel better, after reading this I've decided to use the TDEE method. I was really afraid of doing it since the calculators always give me such a huge amount (2278 is my TDEE - 20% :tongue:). I hope it'll help me feel a little less tired and help me stop feeling like I have to deal with hunger pangs at certain times of the day. Plus I'm hoping it'll help me keep more of my LBM and maybe build up my arms a little.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, yes yes yes

I am loving this thread and it is such a refreshing change

Eat all the fooooooodz! Mmmm
  • solobiker
    Options
    Hmmmmm, a few years ago I lost about 15 # on a fairly low calorie diet. I think my net was around 1000 or lower. I have an active job and like to workout after work. I have been trying to increase my calories but am nervous about gaining weight. I usually run 3-5 miles 3x/week, do weights or body weight exercise 2-3x/week and on the weekends I am either hiking long distances or doing some backcountry skiing. Lately my calorie net has been about 1200. I am a 43 y/o female...Oh and I am 5'6" and weight about 145. Would like to get down to 135. I will give this a shot.. I do eat fairly clean for the most part. Have not had any fast food to speak of in close to10 years.

Good luck to everyone!!!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options

Before
    47819967_2825.jpg
    47819967_2220.jpg

47819967_3434.jpg
    47819967_9018.jpg
    47819967_9445.jpg

I always feel like it gets much warmer in the room when you come through. What's that about?

/fans self
    Congrats.. 1600 is a perfect calorie goal for a 5'11 woman, losing weight!! Great job.

BTW, like I said in the other thread, I'm only 5'3" and I eat 1,700+ and losing big time. Just because you're short, doesn't mean you have to go hungry, eat under 1,200, and net 600. :wink:
  • Sarag0887
    Options
    Eating more is gonna help me get off my weight loss plateau ???
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Eating more is gonna help me get off my weight loss plateau ???

Dunno.

I'm pretty sure that actually logging accurately for more than one day will be helpful though.

PS Yes, you need to eat more than you have today. Get some protein and fat in your diet too.