Looking for some new friends for support and motivation :)

Options
Hey guys,
I was using mfp for over 100 days and was doing great! But, then I stopped and was actually doing decent without logging. But then I did something to my leg a few months ago and have fallen off the wagon.

I swear, when I DON"T workout, I eat worse!!! It's awful. I just went to the doc and I can't do any movements involving my legs which sucks! I'm the type that loves Insanity and I was doing T25 and I love running and just doing an intense workout. But, now...I can't!!!! The doc said that if my calf is still hurting after the 2 wks with the rest and the anti inflammatory pill he put me on then they will have to put my foot in a boot with my foot in a plantarflexed position. I certainly don't want that! So that is why I wrote myself a workout plan to stick with which doesn't involved my legs (other than swimming)

Over the past 2 months I have gained 5lbs and just feel awful and flabby again! Last November I was 157 and then over the summer I got down to 142 but now I'm back up to 148. I notice a huge change in my body when I go over 145 so it is my goal to get back to 142. I felt much better about myself and have way better body confidence. I'm 5'7 and my ultimate goal is to be 135.

Is there anyone out there that needs more accountability friends?? I made myself a workout plan for the next two weeks which involves only swimming, upper body workouts and bikram yoga and I WILL STICK WITH IT. And since i will be working out I know my nutrition will be better too but I would love someone that is willing to check out my food diary and give feedback and I will do the same for you.

My issue is eating but I know that once I get active again that my eating will get back to being healthy.

Anyone in a similar situation? Or just anyone looking for some new pals? Feel free to add me : )

Replies

• cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Hope your leg gets better soon!

I'm sure once you get back on track you'll be fine. You just have to commit to a plan, whatever it is that works best for you, stick with it, and the time will pass anyway, and before you know it you'll be where you want to be!

I find motivation from some of the success stories on here when I feel like I'm not making any progress (which I find I usually still am but just get down on myself for whatever reason). When you see people making progress on here everyday, and you see before and after pics, it makes you want to keep on truckin!
  • peacheslm08
    peacheslm08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I was doin really good on here at first. I lost over 50lbs but then I school and my kids got all of my attention and I stopped working out as much as I did before. It also didn't help that my sis in law, who was my workout buddy, stopped working out as well. To make a long story short I gain all of the weight back, plus more. I've been going back to the gym for the past few weeks now and I have lost about 30lbs so far. I have realized that it is very hard to stay motivated when you are working out alone. I would very much appreciate it if you would like to be pals. I'm trying to find new buddies on here.:smile:
  • courtneylyn1
    courtneylyn1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ADD ME! I have been on here for about 6 months! I love new friends! We all need motivation and support... :)
  • Jaynelindsay
    Options
    Hey :):)

Hi My names jayne and I'm new to MyFitnessPal, I wanna lose 3 stone which I'm finding really really hard! I guess it would be great to get meet some people on MFP for support, advice and motivation.
  • mybonnieliesovertheocean
    Options
    bonnie here!

i'm sorry you have an injury that seems like an obstacle.

i'm glad you've already planned out ways to exercise, that's definitely the first step.

i am very attentive and try to give positive, encouraging comments.

i could use a little more of it myself so friend me and we can help each other!

good luck on your injury and the weight loss journey.
  • caspelletier28
    Options
    : ) I recently had a baby and i am getting married in June.. i could also use some support and motivation.. the more friends the better right!
  • MrsMichel
    MrsMichel Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ADD me! I'm in need of support buddies as well!! We can do this!!
  • kels1152
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the responses and i look forward to helping one another on our journeys : )
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Im not in the same boat but always willing to give and take advice, add me, we''ll keep all motivation going!