Where do you shop for groceries?

Options
FrauHaas2013
FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
Do any of you have preferred stores for produce, meats, etc.? Just curious...Hubby and I hit the Berkeley Bowl today...now THIS is a produce section!!! (And this is just the non-organic section...) Picked up lots of wonderful things, a few hard to find items, and lots and lots of fresh veggies and fruit!!!

zIgUoIo.jpg?1

Here's what we wound up with:

IodcsOL.jpg

Replies

• iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have preferred stores for produce, meats, etc.? Just curious...Hubby and I hit the Berkeley Bowl today...now THIS is a produce section!!! (And this is just the non-organic section...) Picked up lots of wonderful things, a few hard to find items, and lots and lots of fresh veggies and fruit!!!

zIgUoIo.jpg?1

Here's what we wound up with:

IodcsOL.jpg

wow, your cart is like my dream cart lol.

I shop at Meijer, Aldi and then during the growing season I shop the farmers market and local farms (we have an apple orchard/farm across from us that grows and sells strawberries, apples, corn, peaches etc etc)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    The Commissary and Foodland. I miss Meijer so much. I used to go there and Joe Caputo's when I lived in Chicago. Sometimes Woodman's. I really like regional stores rather than the super small or super big ones. They're big enough for a great selection, but are usually local and at decent prices. At least in my experience. I try to buy in Farmer's Markets too, but around here, most of the farmer's sell to the local stores anyways.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart, Sam's Club, Aldis and produce market (that is open all year long)!! Nice grocery cart!! :smile:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Costco. Publix.
    I do LOVE the DeKalb farmers market but it's out of the way.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Kroger, Costco, whole foods and the seasonal outdoor fresh produce market in Detroit.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I shop for produce at a locally owned market called Lamb's that is in my neighborhood. Otherwise I get most items at Winco or Fred Meyer (Kroger).
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Fred Meyer or Whole Foods. I've had a pretty easy time finding healthy foods for good prices around here.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Costco. Publix.

Awww, I grew up in Atlanta, and I used to live right near North Dekalb Mall. I miss the Dekalb Farmers Market! :(
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    We have a new grocery store here called Sprouts, and there is a Whole Foods opening soon right down the street from where I live. Looking forward to checking that out. And sometimes I shop at Target.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Costco. Publix.

I miss Publix. You must be in FL.
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    publix gets pricey but they have good produce
    walmart is edible lol and it saves me a few bucks!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Kroger. If the Trader Joe's was closer, I would most likely shop there but it's a good 20 min drive...
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I shop at Berkeley Bowl. The place rocks . . .
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    So jealous of you! WOW! I shop at my local grocery store (Giant Eagle).
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Kroger mostly now that one just opened up near my house, Sam's Club sometimes, and rarely walmart or Farm Fresh. I avoid the commissary at all costs lol
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Kroger.jpg

and grow a bunch of stuff ourselves. I have 3 freezers in the Garage stuffed full of summer harvest.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Aldi when im near super cheap!
    Winn dixie most of the time right around the corner
    Presidente for chicken, hams, and cheeses (in the hood but great prices for those)
    Rickys meats for chicken in bulk!

Miami, fl
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Cardenas Market
    Stater Bros
    Walmart
    Vons
  • FrauHaas2013
    Options
    Yeah, I shop at Berkeley Bowl. The place rocks . . .

WOOT!!!!
  • FrauHaas2013
    Options
    We don't have a Meijer's out here. :-( And unfortunately, our Costco's not very good (according to my husband, who's a professional chef...he says their fruits and veggies are picked too early and he doesn't like the look of their meats, either.) We have a pretty good organic Farmer's Market here, too...