Dressing up for Halloween?

Options
Magdaloonie
Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
I am planning my department Halloween party and I am especially excited for my fan-freakin-tastic Red costume (the prison chef from Orange is the New Black).
Anyone else got a clever costume plan? And if you MUST be a sexy nurse, OK, you're proud of your body and that's good - but not clever. I'm interested in thoughtful ideas here.

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    <--- I went to my daughter's birthday costume party as James Joyce. My wife was Nora Barnacle. Only one person knew who we were, but it was a fun outfit combo.
  • Magdaloonie
    Options
    OMG, that's fantastic! That's what I'm talking about! Good for you and your wife!
  • Magdaloonie
    Options
    And happy birthday to your daughter, too!
  • ikudbne12
    ikudbne12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Last year i went and got 50 gray paint swatches and taped them all together... wrapped a string around it and wore it around my neck... I was 50 shades of gray. ;)
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    The party host and his GF are dressing as Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl.

Syndrome is my choice therefore this year....

I am really looking forwards to the havoc that I will cause...
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Last year I was part of a slutty bananas in pyjamas duo with my best friend. This year, I'm thinking I will be Ginger Spice.
  • Magdaloonie
    Options
    Good interpretation of 50 Shades!
  • Magdaloonie
    Options
    Emaren, been a while since I saw the incredibles so I had to look up Syndrome. You will be fantastic!:happy:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    And happy birthday to your daughter, too!

Thanks! She had a blast... though I couldn't convince her to wear a silver dance costume like Lucia Joyce, sadly.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    last year i went as the cookie monster and handed out cookies, this yr i may be a cop and walk around with donuts...
  • AstroRocket
    AstroRocket Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was Edward Scissor Hands :)

802693184a0c1742f2fbbde238b66e08-22526515.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see your Red costume OP!

None for me, I just have no ideas and mostly no idea what I'd fit in, and costume stores don't really let you try things on.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are going as zombies or ghouls. We're also getting married that day. Thursday we're going to go looking around Halloween stores for costumes and makeup. Should be fun!
  • Magdaloonie
    Options
    My fiance and I are going as zombies or ghouls. We're also getting married that day. Thursday we're going to go looking around Halloween stores for costumes and makeup. Should be fun!
    Congratulations! Some friends got married about 18 months ago and their vows included a disclaimer in the event of a zombie apocolypse.
  • Magdaloonie
    Options
    I was Edward Scissor Hands :)
    :D Glorious!
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Last year i did the whole Playboy bunny thing.
    but this year im thinking the scary look... fake blood, zombie look. Cant wait!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I'm considering Zombie Jessica Rabbit
  • devilday1805
    devilday1805 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm considering Zombie Jessica Rabbit

That would be interesting

I am going as the Skipper from Giligans Island
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My theme for the house and my party this year is spiders. So I am the spider queen. My husband hates it, so it's fun for me! lol I LOVE Halloween. :indifferent:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Haven't decided. It always comes down to the last minute with me based on what strikes my fancy that I can put together using what I have with a few inexpensive props from WallyWorld or KMart. I was a pirate last year.