Do quotes really inspire you?

Options

Replies

• RemyaUnnikrishnan
    RemyaUnnikrishnan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello from Chicago. These two quotes are currently helping me stay on track! I WANT RESULTS, so I've been ditching my excuses! Found some free online photos that I liked and typed the "mottos" on the pics.

healthphoto-resultsorexcuses1_zps934ed401.jpg

healthphoto-weightlossamentalchallenge1_zps050addbd.jpg

This quote striked me. Bcs i always try to find excuses.
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    Options
    @ lizzy Nice :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Most do not. I honestly was inspired by the following when i first started though.

"Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change."
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Most do not. I honestly was inspired by the following when i first started though.

"Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change."

i like it...
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    Options
    tumblr_lpqlv6Nrr71qmohofo1_500_large.jpg
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    Options

I also liked it :)
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Definitely not for weight loss, lol.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Not quotes but the movies...

Yes Man

peaceful warrior

had a profound effect on my outlook on life
  • TheCalorieSMASHER
    TheCalorieSMASHER Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    << This quote makes me hungry.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    i use the video from the last rocky movie to get me fired up...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5OookwOoY
    Well, GERARD54. I just finished watching your clip above. Love it! Thank you.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Well, GERARD54. I just finished watching your clip above. Love it! Thank you.

its crazy good huh. I took it off of youtube and i play it on my drive to the gym...
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have a crap memory so only for a couple of minutes. I do like them though.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I like the quotes very much, which is funny because I usually can't stand motivational speakers. Quality not quantity with them is best, I think ;)

I also love training video montages. OMG. Seeing all the work that goes into great things is so inspiring to me for some reason :)

I don't like some of the disabled folks ones. I'm disabled, and it gets a little tiring to only be mentioned when one of us has climbed a mountain ;) OTOH, some are just plain awesome. And hey, some of us do have to work much harder for it (usually not literally achieving Mt Everest, mind you), so yeah give some props where due :D
  • marilou0511
    Options
    I find it really hard to be consistently motivated... it is just so helpful in those moments when I just lose all motivation...

Hi REMYAU. This is something I read about MOTIVATION and prepared my own photo-quote. Paraphrasing some intelligent person, it was said that we DO NOT lose motivation but the initial EXCITEMENT that starts us on a project. And this ALWAYS happens. So we need to find ways to excite ourselves again to continue the work required (just like you did by starting this post). To reach homerun we need to use our SELF-DISCIPLINE. We all have it. Examples given on self-discipline included going to work when we don't want to, paying bills, etc,

healthphoto-lostmotiviationself-discipline70_zps5ab75d06.jpg

And here's another one I use when I don't want to go to the gym or work-out. My other go-to is choosing between results and excuses (which I've posted earlier.)

healthphoto-nevereasirjuststrongertoweldumbbell45_zpsde24427b.jpg
    Hope this helps.
  • MrsBrown104
    MrsBrown104 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    yes ive always loved quotes!
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    Options
    Definitely not for weight loss, lol.

Lol! But i do agree with it :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites :-)

9867a4a5570e2f267684527a5746dbc1.jpg
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    Options

Thanks for the video..It is seriously good.
    "Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that" - i loved this.
    "But it ain’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! " . This one also.
    You have to be willing to take what life throws at you to become what you are supposed to be.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    "Dont wait until you've reached your goal to be proud of yourself,
    Be proud of every step you take towards reaching that goal"

^^^my fave!

Also, "Just because you miss the Exit, you don't stop the car and get out" are Very Good!!
  • marilou0511
    Options
    "Dont wait until you've reached your goal to be proud of yourself,
    Be proud of every step you take towards reaching that goal"

^^^my fave!

The above quote and another one about about focusing on what was accomplished helps me remember not to beat myself up when i have a bad day/week/month :explode:
    healthphoto-focusonhowfarampproudofeverystepred50_zps5b187ec1.jpg