How long have you been overweight?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Off and on since I was 7. I weighed 91 pounds when I was in my oldest brother's wedding. In 7th grade I weighed 225. By the time I was in my late teens/early 20s, I had an eating disorder and at one point my body fat was 7.8% (That is not healthy for a woman of reproductive age and I was not an elite athlete.) Once I got past that I got married and had weighed 150-155 for 2+ years. That's my healthiest weight where I'd like to get back to. I gained weight with each of four kids and the highest non-pregnant adult weight I remember was between kid 3 and kid 4 - 225# again. . I got back down into the 170's before kid 4. I've yo-yoed since he was born and was up to 193 at my June check up.
    Even now, I think 193 is healthier for me than 127 ever was, but I am aiming to get to and keep at my healthy weight without becoming a psychologically sick person again. MFP seems to be helping me stay on track and I am feeling way better these days, even at 171 We'll see how I do at maintaining when I get there, but I have a much better attitude about my weight than I used to.
  • JacquiN90
    Options
    Just over a year, I put on a ton of weight (no pun intended) when I was put on Avanza, and haven't lost it quite yet. Before that I was a healthy weight, although my eating habits would have probably led me to be overweight eventually.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Using a BMI measurement, I was overweight (granted only by a little but still a little) or about 4 years due to a sedentary lifestyle and not watching what I eat. Before that I was always "normal" according to BMI scales. I'm back to "normal" though just barely and I'm trying to get back to where I was before I gained 4 years ago.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I guess my whole life i weighed 125 when i was 9 yrs old I've always been the biggest around
  • sec5cd
    sec5cd Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been overweight off and on for most of my adult life; though recently, it has been the worst.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Not sure - just looked at Vital Signs from my doctor's office going back to 2007 and this is the first time I have been under 200 lbs in that time.
  • jenni765
    Options
    27 out of 58 years :frown:
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    about 16 long unhappy years.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've been right on the border of normal and overweight for as long as I can remember, except for a brief period after a Weight Watchers diet at the end of 8th grade. The only time I was truly very overweight was about two years ago, but it was the wake-up call I needed to change my lifestyle and eating habits. I'm still at the top end of the BMI range.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Ever since my parents got divorced when I was seven.. So.. Around eleven years
  • lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Since my oldest was born so about 6 years.
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    I gained weight when I was seven, so I've been fat for 27 years. I've never been at a healthy weight as an adult.