Exercise/Eating

Options
Just wondering what works best. I use to go to the gym after lunch, except I would be starving when I got home. I then started going about an hour or so after breakfast. Now the best time I csn fit into my schedule is noon. I dont want to have a meal before I go, so I have started eating a snack about 100 calories so I have entergy to substane an hour or more of cardio. Get home from the gym around 2 then have a decent meal, then a snack between 5 and 7. This seems to be working for me, just wondering what others exercisre/eating habits are.

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I go after work at about 5:00. Get back around 6:30 and start making dinner.
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do cardio early in the morning before breakfast (5 AM) and I do strength training after school around three. I don't really eat before cardio but I make sure I eat about an hour prior to strength training.
  • mikeivb
    mikeivb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I work out around 4-6 after work, I'll usually have something small like a banana before a workout, then i'll eat dinner after i get home.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i always eat before i work out. could be a meal, might be a power bar, but i usually need something to fuel the madness that is about to happen.

i eat when i'm done too.
  • flffagirl
    Options
    I work in a office setting and there is a lot of unhealthy people around me so I find for my stomach I like to work out durring lunch that way I dont have to smell their pizza/hamburgers and such!! but if not at work i like to go before breakfast!!~~
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    your current routine is actually pretty much what I would suggest if someone asked me. the only thing I would change is your pre-workout meal, I'd probably suggest something closer to 200 calories for a 1 hour workout. If the workout is cardio, and the snack is complex carb heavy, then that would be perfect. Just make sure you eat at least an hour before so your body has time to start digesting and using those carbs.