Gosh, I gained 3 pounds in 1 week

Options
I was doing the Daniel Fast for 10 day, October 1 -10, nothing but vegetables and water. I went from 157.6 to 151.6... lost 6 pounds. 1 week later, I gain 3 pounds back...

I am having a hard time fitting excercise into my schedule. Work all day then school at night, not even home til 10:30 most nights. Besides that, I have a husband and 4 kids...

I will never be thin :(

Replies

• leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When you went on that low of a calorie intake you probably put your body into shock and then when you starting eating regular again your body freaked out and stored the calories. That is why i don't like extreme diets..
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    I know it's hard, but don't think that way! Thinking negatively won't help you progress. Are you following the calorie guidelines that MFP gives you? No crash diet is going to give you long term results. You have to eat healthy every day and that icnludes proteins and whole grains - not just vegetables. What kind of food do you normally eat?
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    the diet plan I am on advises a minimum amount of calorise as well as a max, if you don't eat enough you could go into starvation mode. If it is any comfort my body weight alters throughout the day between 1 and 3 lbs (i know we are just supposed to weigh one a week at set time!) I find it reassuring that there is this range of wieght over a day, so long as that first weigh in in the morning gradually comes down.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Don't say that. Crash diets are not good. Negative thinking produces negative results. Stick to a calorie range and get as much exercise as possible. Even a little walk is better then nothing. If you want a friend I'll be there for you. Granted I work 3rd shift. But I am always around on the weekend. Besides veggies and water? You just gained back water weight!